I have an HP Envy 4528 printer (2 years old). Have previously been able to choose to print black/white or color. Now all of a sudden I do not have those choices !? Have looked over everything on the printer's features etc. However, when I check the properties of a document in the print queue, then I can see that the choices are there but everything is shaded, ie has no access to it.
Have uninstalled and reinstalled the printer and updated the drivers but I still have no choice of black/white or color. It only prints in black and white. Has changed the color cartridge and during the calibration as it does, it prints in color. When I choose to print a regular test page, it only comes in black/white. I print from a laptop with Win 10 as the operating system. When I print a picture from my iPhone, then I can choose to print in black white or color, it works perfectly normally.
I am grateful if I can get help, tips and ideas on how to get my printer working as usual again?
Additionally, if the printer is connected wireless, follow the steps below-
1. Select “Start” and type “printers” in the search box.
2. Choose “Printers & scanners“.
3. elect “Add a printer or scanner“.
4. Wait for the “The printer that I want isn’t listed” option to appear, then select it.
5. Select “Add a printer using a TCP/IP address or hostname” , then select “Next“.
6. select “TCP/IP Device” in the “Device type” list.
7. Type the hostname or the IP address of the printer. Select “Next“. To find the IP address of the printer, touch the Wi-Fi icon on the printer's control panel.
8. Windows should find the printer if the printer is on and configured correctly. You may have to specify more information. If prompted, Select the type of network adapter installed in the printer in the “Device Type” drop-down list. You can also click “Custom” to specify custom settings for the network printer. Select “Next“.
Hope this helps! Keep me posted.
Please click “Accepted Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution. Click the “Kudos/Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!
Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".