Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Experiencing 'Printer Blocked' or 'Printer Error' message? Click here for more information.
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our Black or Color Ink Not Printing, Other Print Quality Issues info about: Print quality and Cartridge Issues.
HP Recommended
HP Officejet Pro 8600 Premium e-All-in-One Printer series - N911
iOS

Trying to print account statement confirmation of payment. Previously no problem. 

Last Month, Problems started at end of month “does not support file type”. Always did before! 

Now or will not. Both IPad Pro (1 year old) & Printer on same wireless network. In my home office. All secure. 

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

Hi! @Drggar, Thank you for visiting the HP Forums! A great place where you can find solutions for your issues, with help from the community!

I understand when you print an account statement using IOS device, you get an error- Does not support file type on your printer.

Don't worry I'll try to help you out.

Did you make any changes to your printer?

As you mentioned when you print an account statement using IOS device, you get an error- Does not support file type on your printer.

•    Restart the printer 
•    This unblocks the port that becomes blocked due to the issue 
•    The simplest approach, and may be best for customers with printers that are expected to be updated soon who don’t want to deal w/more complicated interim options below. 

•    iOS: 
•    Print with HP Smart (HP Smart does not use Airprint) 
.    Supports JPG, PDF, and Office Doc printing 

•    Printer Settings: 
•    Turn off “Internet Printing Protocol over HTPPS (IPPS)” in printer EWS page.

Try printing using AirPrint and check if it helps.

1. Make sure the printer is on and in a ready state. If the printer is in sleep mode (power light is dim), turn the printer on or press the power button to wake it.

2. Open the document, photo, email, or webpage you want to print, and then tap the Action icon  or  to display menu options.

3. Tap Print or the Print icon , depending on the type of file you want to print.

4. On the Printer Options menu, tap Select Printer, and then select your printer from the list.

If a No Airprint Printers Found message displays, go to the What if a 'No AirPrint Printers Found' message displays on my Apple iOS device?FAQ for more information.

5. Tap Options to change other settings if necessary. Some options, such as paper size, might not be adjustable and must be changed from the printer.

The Options menu might not display if your printer is black ink only.

Figure : Printer Options screen

Printer Options screen
  6. Select the number of copies you'd like to print, and then tap Print.

NOTE:

If you are using a Wi-Fi Direct/HP wireless direct connection, be sure to go back into Wi-Fi settings and connect your Apple iOS device to your network.

Refer this article to know more information about printing using AirPrint.

Refer this article to know more information about using HP smart app.

If the solution provided worked for you, please mark accepted solution for this post.

Let me know if this works! 
Have a great day ahead! 🙂

Please click "Accept as Solution" if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

Click the "Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say "Thanks" for helping!

A4Apollo
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.