Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Experiencing 'Printer Blocked' or 'Printer Error' message? Click here for more information.
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our Black or Color Ink Not Printing, Other Print Quality Issues info about: Print quality and Cartridge Issues.
HP Recommended

Tried this for an Officejet 6000 E609n and Catalina 10.15.7.  Loaded the printer and received a "could not open" /private/var/spool/cups/tmp...Screen Shot 2020-10-24 at 8.10.31 PM.png

Printer still broke.

HP Recommended

This install got my printer working!

However, for every job I have printed so far the printer dialog box says:

Printing - Can't open "/private/var/spool/cups/tmp/********" (a different number for each job) instead of the name of the file.

Happy I can print now, will worry about this hiccup later

HP Recommended

Every time I try to download that file, it gets to the end then says "failed - network error"

HP Recommended

I tried to open this link in a new tab but it automatically downloaded.... went ahead with it, it told me it was malware so I deleted it... is there a link to an HP website for this instead of a download link?

HP Recommended

The link IS from HP- it's their FTP. Look at the address.

"

The solution is to download (and install) this package which will update drivers AND THE CERTIFICATE:
ftp://ftp.hp.com/pub/softlib/software12/HP_Quick_Start/osx/Installations/Essentials/hp-printer-essen...

It is NOT the same as the driver package, Easy Start, or Easy Admin other people are recommending.

If the link comes up blank, try right clicking and saving it. If you install this package and still have trouble, try uninstalling your printer and reinstalling by going through Apple Logo (Upper Left of Screen)/System Preferences/Printers & Scanners.

Easy Admin did nothing. Easy Startup did nothing. 5.1 drivers did nothing. This worked for me!

If this solved your issue, please thumbs up and mark as solved!"

HP Recommended

Excellent advice. Apple support doesn’t have a clue. This problem came with up with no warning. 

HP Recommended

I did all that (reinstalled new link, uninstalled old printer). This is what it says now: Communication Failure: The computer is no longer able to communicate with your printer. Turn the printer off, check your printer connections and check for printer errors, and turn the printer back on. I did that, nothing. So, still not fixed for me. Any advice?

HP Recommended

Try to  install the 5.1 driver package from HP: https://support.apple.com/kb/dl1888?locale=en_US

Then restart. Then try to install the printer using "Printers & Scanners" in "System Preferences" (accessible through the apple logo in the upper left corner.

Let me know what happens. 

HP Recommended

bummer, unfortunately my computer thinks one of the files in that package is malware so not a fix for me 😞 

I tried ignoring the malware warning but it wont go away until I delete that file. 

HP Recommended

Install the 5.1, ignore malware warning install the package I provided which will update cert and that might take care of the malware warning. 

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.