Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Experiencing 'Printer Blocked' or 'Printer Error' message? Click here for more information.
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our Black or Color Ink Not Printing, Other Print Quality Issues info about: Print quality and Cartridge Issues.
HP Recommended
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Duplex printing isn't working right. It won't flip on the long side, no matter the orientation. I saw a similar post for a different printer and they were told to install the full version but all I see is the EZ version. I couldn't find that post again so I'm posting here. Could use the help! Right now I have to flip the page upside down!

Also - I know this isn't pertinent to this forum but I'm trying to change my User ID. I've had this account a long time but apparently, when I used it for the first time in forever the other day, it automatically changed my settings to use my email address as my user ID. I'd rather use the ID I've been using. I clicked in My Account to change it but all it did was show boxes without an identifier so my attempt failed. Can you tell me which box I'm supposed to change?

8 REPLIES 8
HP Recommended

I know that HP isn't very good at responding, instead trying to leave it up to unpaid help from the Community.

Well, I bought and paid for this printer, which included all of the service of HP actually answering my question. My Duplex printing doesn't fully work and you need to address this.

Duplex printing isn't working correctly. If I print with a portrait orientation, no matter whether I choose long or short side, it always flips short side, meaning upside down. If I'm printing landscape, it will flip only on the long side so, again, upside down.

Now, considering the huge amount of problems I've been having with HP over the past week plus, it would behoove you to actually answer this question. It's not a big question but it MUST BE FIXED NOW.

HP Recommended

HP is completely unresponsive. I am getting no answers from anywhere. You wanna tell me why you have a forum that you barely/rarely monitor?

Please answer this question now.

HP Recommended

Hi @columbia93

Welcome to the HP Support Community. I understand duplex printing is not working on the printer. I'd be happy to assist you.

Apologies for the delay in response as we are currently experiencing a high volume of cases.

You may always visit the Hp Support site for self-help that contains detailed documents on resolving issues with your HP products.

Full-featured software can be installed Via HP Easy Start app.

Click here to download the same.

To know how to print on both sides from your PC, refer to this document.

For info on how to change settings on the HP Community page, kindly click here.

Hope this helps! Keep me posted. 

Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

Have a great day! 

KUMAR0307
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Seriously? This is the best you can do? I've been complaining for days and telling you why and you send me a form response that DOES NOT ADDRESS MY ISSUE!!!!

I KNOW HOW TO DO DUPLEX PRINTING. ASIDE FROM WORK EXPERIENCE FOR DECADES, I'VE HAD 2 SEPARATE HP PRINTERS OVER THE PAST 15 YEARS THAT OFFERED DUPLEX PRINTING!!

READ MY MESSAGE INSTEAD OF THIS NONSENSE!!! YOU'RE WASTING MY TIME. I PAID FOR THIS AND I WANT TO USE IT AND THERE IS SOMETHING WRONG AND I WANT YOU TO FIX IT!!!!!

DO YOU UNDERSTAND???

AS I'VE TOLD YOU GUYS REPEATEDLY, DUPLEX PRINTING WILL ONLY PRINT THE WRONG DIRECTION. IT DOESN'T MATTER IF I'M PRINTING LANDSCAPE OR PORTRAIT, OR WHICH FLIP I CHOOSE. IT WILL ALWAYS PRINT THE NEXT PAGE UPSIDE DOWN.

DO YOU UNDERSTAND????

IF I'M PRINTING PORTRAIT, NO MATTER IF I CHOOSE FLIP ON LONG SIDE OF FLIP ON SHORT SIDE, IT FLIPS ON SHORT SIDE SO THAT THE PRINTING ON THE BACK PAGE IS UPSIDE DOWN.

IF I'M PRINTING LANDSCAPE, NO MATTER IF I CHOOSE FLIP ON LONG SIDE OR SHORT SIDE, IT FLIPS ON THE LONG SIDE SO THAT THE PRINTING ON THE BACK PAGE IS UPSIDE DOWN.

DO YOU UNDERSTAND???

I DO NOT WANT TO GO TO DOCUMENTS TO FIGURE OUT HOW TO PRINT DUPLEX. I KNOW HOW TO DO IT AND HAVE PROBABLY BEEN DOING LONGER THAN YOU HAVE. I WANT TO KNOW WHY MY PRINTER, WHICH HAS HAD NUMEROUS PROBLEMS, IS PRINTING THE 2ND PAGE UPSIDE DOWN.

YOU GUYS MESSED UP THE INSTANT INK FOR A LONG TIME. IT FINALLY CLEARED ITSELF WITHOUT MY DOING ANYTHING BECAUSE, OF COURSE, THIS IS A PROBLEM WITH HP AND NOT ME.

TODAY I GET A MESSAGE TO UPDATE AND, WHILE I DIDN'T WANT TO DO IT WITH THE PROBLEMS I'VE ALREADY HAD IN JUST 3 WEEKS OF USING THIS, I DID IT ANYWAY. OF COURSE IT GAVE ME THE MESSAGE THAT I NEEDED TO SETUP THE NETWORK. WHY? I SET IT UP 3 WEEKS AGO WHEN I SIGNED UP WITH INSTANT INK. AND WHEN HP GAVE ME AN EMAIL ADDRESS FOR MY PRINTER. AND IT'S BEEN WORKING EVERY TIME I PRINT. SO I GO TO THE PRINTER TO GET THE INFO ON THE NETWORK AND THERE IT IS. WORKING. NO PROBLEM. EXCEPT WHEN I TYPE IT INTO HP'S PROGRAM WHERE IT SAYS IT ISN'T WORKING. THEN MAGICALLY, I PUT IN MY ZIP CODE AND HP SAYS IT'S WORKING? WHAT ARE YOU PEOPLE DOING OVER THERE? THIS HAS BEEN A REAL NIGHTMARE. i WAS SO PLEASED WITH HOW EASILY IT SETUP JUST 3 WEEKS AGO AND THEN IT HAS ALL JUST GONE TO HE** IN A HANDBASKET.

SO....ANSWER MY QUESTION AND NOT THIS RIDICULOUS GARBAGE THAT TELLS ME THAT YOU DON'T CARE WHAT MY PROBLEMS ARE OR WHETHER OR NOT THEY GET FIXED BECAUSE YOU COULDN'T EVEN BE BOTHERED TO READ WHAT I WROTE.

HP Recommended

@columbia93

I think this issue needs some additional technical assistance that can be better provided through one-on-one interaction with our HP Support team.

I would request you to contact them for further assistance.

1) Click on this link - www.hp.com/contacthp/

2) Select your product type below.

3) Enter the serial of your device.

4) Select the country from the drop-down.

5) Select the appropriate option based on your preference.

6) Fill the web-form and proceed further.

If this does not help, I have also sent you a private message with the details to contact the HP Support team. Kindly check the same.

Keep me posted for any other assistance.

KUMAR0307
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Fabulous. Because I've talked to them about how HP screwed up my Instant Ink and they knew less about it than I do. 

HP Recommended

@columbia93

I understand your concern and I have brought your issue to the attention of an appropriate team within HP.

They will likely request information from you in order to look up your case details or product serial number. Please look for a private message from an identified HP contact.

Additionally, keep in mind not to publicly post personal information (serial numbers and case details).

If you are unfamiliar with how the Community's private message capability works, you can learn about that here:

https://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/First-Time-Here-Learn-How-to-Post-and-More/How-To-Send-A-Private-Messa...

Thank you for visiting the HP Support Community.

KUMAR0307
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Nope. Nothing. From anyone.

I have been sending messages via Messenger for two weeks and haven't gotten a single response. I understand the load is heavy at this time but two weeks is excessive by any standards. I write to them 2-3 times a week so it isn't because I've been lost in the shuffle.

I've tried "Chat" but HP keeps dropping me. And even though I always explain that I know how to duplex print and have been doing it for more than a decade, the chats always start with an explanation of what duplex printing is, and to check out this page on what it is and how to do it, and so on. And then I'm dropped and I have to start over with someone else.

Today I got someone who said it was a configuration issue. He asked if the blue light was solid or blinking. I said solid. What I read is that solid means connected, so not sure why he thinks it's a configuration issue. As a matter of fact, it's blinking now because it is NOT connected. I have tried connecting manually, etc., but I ALWAYS get the message that it is connected to my one and only network. He said he would help me but it would take 25-30 minutes.....and then HP dropped me and didn't reconnect.

I've tried using a troubleshooting program HP downloaded to my desktop. HP, in their infinite "wisdom", apparently sees no need to customize this to each individual model because the first thing it wants me to do is select the "Info" button, which doesn't exist.

I haven't called because I'm so angry now that I will likely get upset the moment the person on the other end asks me a stupid question, especially since I'll likely have to sit on hold for an hour. It's shameful that HP's customer care is a pay-only option because it's apparent they provide no support during the warranty period (which is way too short).

So no, nothing is fixed. And no one is helping me.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.