cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
    Information
    Fix HP Printer issue in macOS

A [software component] will damage your computer message displays when printing or while installing - Click Here

Information
    Fix Windows 10 Update Issues

Resolve Windows 10 or update issues on HP computer or printer– Click Here

• post a message
    Information
    Fix HP Printer issue in macOS

A [software component] will damage your computer message displays when printing or while installing - Click Here

Information
    Fix Windows 10 Update Issues

Resolve Windows 10 or update issues on HP computer or printer– Click Here

• post a message
Note for common printer problems
Customers receiving the"will damage your computer" message along with others like "unable to access cups/tmp" or "'@%' cannot be opened" need to update their version of the macOS. Please check this article for more information: HP Printers - A [software component] will damage your computer message displays when printing or while installing (macOS) .
2 1 0 0
Message 1 of 3
Flag Post

ENVY Photo 7870 doesn't accept 303XL cartridges

HP Recommended
ENVY PHOTO 7830

HI,

can someone help. I have a ENVY Photo 7830 brand new and I have purchased several 303XL cartridges from HP and when I try to install them the screen reads that the cartridges are not supported. I have checked several times and HP say these are the acceptable cartridges. 

Thanks,

AL

2 REPLIES 2
Highlighted
Level 17
Level 17
29,753 29,472 5,087 11,703
Message 2 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi AL,

Did you purchase the printer from the UK?

When you open the cartridge access door, can you see 303 or maybe any other number on the label?

Say thanks by clicking the Kudos thumb up in the post.
If my post resolve your problem please mark it as an Accepted Solution 🙂
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Author
2 1 0 0
Message 3 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi, Thanks for your reply

it’s written 303 but on the HP website it says 303 and 303XL so I bought several XL cartridges to save money. 

0 Kudos
Warning Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation