Create an account on the HP Community to personalize your profile and ask a question
05-07-2018 07:37 AM
I have run into a similar problem before, so I removed the cartridges and did a full shutdown of the printer, removed the cord both from the wall and from the printer. I replaced the cord to the outlet first, then to the printer, then turned it back on then put the cartridges back into their cradle. Still no change.
Please help me. I made no changes lately at all. This error code just appears for no apparent reason.
Solved! Go to Solution.
05-08-2018 08:57 AM
Welcome to the HP Forums 🙂
I would like to take a moment and thank you for using this forum, it is a great place to find answers.
As I understand, your printer is giving an error message,
No worries, as I'll be glad to help you, that said, I'll need a few more details to dissect your concern & provide an accurate solution:
When was the last time it worked fine?
Were there any hardware/software changes made?
Let's try these steps to resolve the issue:
- With the printer turned on, disconnect the power cord from the rear of the printer and also unplug the power cord from the wall outlet.
- Remove USB cable, if present.
- Wait for 2-3 minutes, press and hold the power button on your printer for about 30 seconds to remove any additional charge.
- Now plug back the power cable straight to a wall outlet without any surge protector or an extension cord (This is important) and then plug back the power cord to the printer.
- Turn on the printer and wait till warm-up period finishes and the printer is idle.
If the issue persists, let's perform a reset. I'm sending out a Private message with the reset instructions,
Please check your Private message icon on the upper right corner of your HP Forums profile
Next, to your profile Name, you should see a little blue envelope, please click on it or simply click on this link: https://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/notes/privatenotespage
05-10-2018 12:58 PM
Thank you for responding,
It's great to have you back 😉
Have you tried performing reset from my previous message?
If not, I suggest you try a reset.
For carriage jam, you could refer to this link: https://hp.care/2rzNM4R.
If the issue still persists, I would suggest you contact our phone support:
HP Support can be reached by clicking on the following link:
* Open link: https://hp.care/2moMFSc
* Enter Product number or select to auto detect
* Scroll down to "Still need help? Complete the form to select your contact options"
* Scroll down and click on HP contact options - click on Get a Case & phone number.
They will be happy to assist you immediately.
If the unit is under warranty repair services under the manufacturer's warranty will be free of charge.
05-10-2018 01:14 PM
I tried all the printer jam and cartridge adjustment steps and the problem still persists. I suppose this means that I need to purchase a new printer. The link says that if the problem persists, I should either have it serviced (it is no longer under warranty) or purchase another printer.
Thank you for all your efforts to help me.
05-10-2018 01:26 PM
I understand your device is out of warranty, the best thing forward is to get the printer replaced, for best options available within HP, I recommend you contact HP using the instructions I shared earlier.
We'll be here to ensure all your queries are answers if you need anything else!