Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Experiencing 'Printer Blocked' or 'Printer Error' message? Click here for more information.
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our Black or Color Ink Not Printing, Other Print Quality Issues info about: Print quality and Cartridge Issues.
HP Recommended
HP DeskJet Ink Advantage Ultra 4729 All-in-One Printer
macOS 10.12 Sierra

Greetings.

II would like to change and view the settings of EWS on 192.168.223.1. However, it seems that I have locked most of the items when I first register with it. When I press on Network, a box pop out and ask me to login. I have forgotten the username and password, are there anyway to recover or reset them?

I would appreciate your kind assistance on this matter.

Thanks!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

@aleek75

Thank you for responding,

This is the Riddle_Decipher, again!

It's great to have you back 😉

That's quite strange that the EWS reset didn't do the trick, although, you are right, it looks like we'll need to use the secret weapon as the last resort to perform a complete reset of the printer:

I'm sending out a Private message with the information you need to get this sorted,

Please check your Private message icon on the upper right corner of your HP Forums profile 

Next, to your profile Name, you should see a little blue envelope, please click on it 

(The reason we are utilizing the private message now, is because the instructions are critical).

Keep me posted,

If the information I've provided was helpful, 

Give us some reinforcement by clicking the solution and kudos buttons, 

that'll help us and others see that we've got the answers!

Good Luck.

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

@aleek75

Thanks for taking an interest in the HP Support Forums! After reading your post I see that you are unable to login to EWS page.

I would like to help you.

Restore network defaults on the printer to reset the EWS password.

Press the Wireless button and the Cancel button  from the printer control panel at the same time, and then hold them for three seconds.

Once it is done use ID : Admin and password: Admin to login to EWS page.

To thank me for my efforts to help you, please mark my post as an accepted solution so that it benefits several others and please give the same post a Kudos.

Keep me posted.

Cheers.

Sandytechy20
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

I tried your solution:

"Press the Wireless button and the Cancel button  from the printer control panel at the same time, and then hold them for three seconds. "

to reset the EWS password, however, the EWS doesn't accept it, and keeps asking for the correct password.

Please provide me a working solution to cold reset" the printer, so I that I can finally start using my printer..

I would appreciate your assistance to this matter.

HP Recommended

@aleek75

Thank you for responding,

This is the Riddle_Decipher, again!

It's great to have you back 😉

That's quite strange that the EWS reset didn't do the trick, although, you are right, it looks like we'll need to use the secret weapon as the last resort to perform a complete reset of the printer:

I'm sending out a Private message with the information you need to get this sorted,

Please check your Private message icon on the upper right corner of your HP Forums profile 

Next, to your profile Name, you should see a little blue envelope, please click on it 

(The reason we are utilizing the private message now, is because the instructions are critical).

Keep me posted,

If the information I've provided was helpful, 

Give us some reinforcement by clicking the solution and kudos buttons, 

that'll help us and others see that we've got the answers!

Good Luck.

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Hello, I'm going through the same situation. As recommended by the manual, I set the password in the EWS, and even reseting the network configuration, it keeps asking me the password. I only know the username, which is admin. I've tried to reset it via the software provided, but it also asked me a password.

I called the service center in my country, but the person said it's not possible to reset the EWS password.

Is there any solution?

Thanks

HP Recommended

I have a deskjet 3752 and going thru pretty much same thing and can't login to ews i found the solution after speaking to tech support

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.