Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Experiencing 'Printer Blocked' or 'Printer Error' message? Click here for more information.
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our Black or Color Ink Not Printing, Other Print Quality Issues info about: Print quality and Cartridge Issues.
HP Recommended
Envy 120 series
macOS 10.14 Mojave

The printer prints test pages and alignment pages fine. But when I print a document it contains missing or incomplete text. I have replaced the cartridges and cleaned the heads but it still does not print correctly. Can anyone help please

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

@John_stuck, Welcome to the HP Support Community!

Try making a standalone Black and Color photocopy and check if it prints fine. If the printer is able to print test pages and able to make copies fine, this could be an issue with the print drivers.

From which application are you trying to print from?

Have you tried printing different documents like PDF, Word, and Webpages to check if the issue persists? By this, we can conclude if this is a driver issue or an application issue.

Update the printer firmware

Click here to download and install the latest firmware from your MAC.

Click here to know different methods of updating printer firmware.

Also, update the software on mac

Click here to know how.

Keep me posted for further assistance.

If you feel my post solved your issue, please click “Accept as Solution”, it will help others find the solution. Click the “Kudos/Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

KUMAR0307
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Hi Kumar0307

thanks for your reply. I had tried most of what you had suggested, but without success.

However, for a tip from a friend, I played around with the paper settings. I selected, "best plain paper" instead of the default settings and it cured my problem straight away. I then went back to the default settings to see what would happen and the problem was back. I therefore used the "best plain paper" settings and saved it for future use it 

Thanks for your reply

John

HP Recommended

@John_stuck

Glad to know you found the cause and the issue is now resolved. Feel free to contact us with any concerns related to HP products.

Happy to help!

KUMAR0307
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.