Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Experiencing 'Printer Blocked' or 'Printer Error' message? Click here for more information.
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our Black or Color Ink Not Printing, Other Print Quality Issues info about: Print quality and Cartridge Issues.
HP Recommended
Envy 4500
Microsoft Windows 10 (32-bit)

Printing any document from Windows 10 to the Envy 4500 printer always results in error that cannot print document.  Printer showing no errors.  WiFi is good, can see printer.  I have uninstalled and reinstalled  printer and drivers multiple times...all the files in printui.exe /s and c:/programdata.  No issues found in the tools available from HP and Microsoft.  Printer was working fine yesterday.  I have tried with firewall disabled.  I have rebooted my router.  

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hi,

Try following below specific version of the HP Print and Scan Doctor Utility by selecting your printer:

http://ftp.hp.com/pub/printers/hppsdr/patches/HPPSdr.exe

Be sure to restart your PC and allow the utility to complete the process, then check for any difference.

Please let me know the results,

Shlomi

Click the Yes button to reply that the response was helpful or to say thanks.
If my post resolve your problem please mark it as an Accepted Solution 🙂

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

Hi,

Try following below specific version of the HP Print and Scan Doctor Utility by selecting your printer:

http://ftp.hp.com/pub/printers/hppsdr/patches/HPPSdr.exe

Be sure to restart your PC and allow the utility to complete the process, then check for any difference.

Please let me know the results,

Shlomi

Click the Yes button to reply that the response was helpful or to say thanks.
If my post resolve your problem please mark it as an Accepted Solution 🙂
HP Recommended

Thanks ShlomiL.  Not sure why, but it worked.  I thought I had followed the same procedure multiple times before.  Maybe I   and the PC and the printer just needed to sleep on it a few hours. I am grateful for prompt and effective response from you.  

HP Recommended

I had the exact same issue.  Spent a lot of time searching, re-installing, etc.  Somehow I stumbled on to this one, and this one did the trick.  I know I ran the HP Print and Scan Doctor, but something much have been different with this link.  No matter what, I'm glad I found it.  Thanks!!!

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.