Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Experiencing 'Printer Blocked' or 'Printer Error' message? Click here for more information.
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our Black or Color Ink Not Printing, Other Print Quality Issues info about: Print quality and Cartridge Issues.
HP Recommended
envy 4520
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

After the windows update, I lose access to change color options for printing. Envy 4520 prints all in grayscale, There's no option to change to color. What I can do to correct it?

6 REPLIES 6
HP Recommended

Hello, 

Kindly check if you did restart the PC since you installed  Windows 10 update.

If not, then i'd suggest you to restart the PC and then try printing in color or try to access the settings to change in color.

If issue still persists, id suggest you to Un-Install the printer software from you PC, download and install the printer software  using the below links.

Uninstall Printer Software 

Installing the in-built drivers.

Regards,
Jabzi

Give Kudos to say "thanks" by clicking on the "thumps Up icon" .

Click "Accept as Solution" if it solved your problem, so others can find it.
Although I am an HP employee, I am speaking for myself and not for HP.
HP Recommended

Dear Jabzi,

I've tried before restarting the PC and follow some instructions from a similar problem with another printer 2 years ago from a different user.

I've also followed your suggestions and the problem remains. It is an issue with this printer. When I try to print to other devices the color options are available (change to color or grayscale). With Envy 4520 the space in the paper/quality tab for this option is empty as you can see in the attached file. It is now impossible to print using colors!!!

envy 4552.PNG

HP Recommended

Hello MiguelAlmeida, 

Try this 

Go to devices and printers and right click under printer properties then go to device settings and go almost all the way down to device type an change to color and save the change then go to printer preferences and in the color tab make sure the option print in grayscale its not checked .

Regards,
Jabzi

HP Recommended

Hello, 

In the attached image, you'd see "Advance" button, 

• Click Advanced, click Print in Grayscale, and then select Color Ink Only.
Regards,
Jabzi

HP Recommended

Hi Jabzi I can't right click under printer properties... where I can find that?
By the way, in printer properties this printer is set to color:

envy 4552a.PNG
HP Recommended

The advanced option doesn't contain that option (print in grayscale)...

envy 4552b.PNG

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.