Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Experiencing 'Printer Blocked' or 'Printer Error' message? Click here for more information.
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our Black or Color Ink Not Printing, Other Print Quality Issues info about: Print quality and Cartridge Issues.
HP Recommended
Envy 5032
Other

I used my HP Envy 5032 for the first time in a month or more to print. I first tried printing in colour from my Android 12 beta phone, and anything with colour was not showing (black text was fine, but grey logos were faint or not printing at all). So I tried using the b&w setting, I get the same result. Then I printed colour from Windows 10 device, same thing with no colours showing. Tried the document with b&w on Windows, same result. Checked control panel on Windows device, made sure Greyscale was off. Tried again, same result. Tried copying a document from the printer glass, no colour still. Tried cleaning cartridge head from printer settings, then printed diagnostic using the printer (not from wifi device) and second level cleaned and printed diagnostic to get the following both times:

PXL_20211003_023857745 crop.jpg

Then I tried unplugging power for >60s, still didn't work. Then factory reset, still no colour. I even uninstalled and reinstalled HP Smart on both my devices, still doesn't work. Tried with a test page with CMYK (that uses less ink) got these results with colour printing multiple tries:

cropPXL_20211003_023938788.jpg

and but had this when I tried b&w once:

PXL_20211003_023917969.jpg

Weirdly the magenta box appeared in greyscale when trialling with b&w, but not yellow nor cyan.

Please let me know if you have any ideas to fix this!

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

@macaronih

Welcome to the HP support community.

I understand that you are getting print quality issues, I am glad to assist you.

Manually clean the area around the ink nozzles

1. Gather the following materials:

• A clean, lint-free cloth or a clean, dry cotton swab

• Distilled or bottled water

CAUTION: 

Do not use tap water because it might contain contaminants that can damage the printhead.

2. Gently grasp the handles on either side of the printer, and then raise the ink cartridge access door until it locks into place.

The carriage moves to the center of the printer.

3. Wait until the printer is idle and silent before you continue.

4. Lift up the lid on the ink cartridge slot, and then pull up on the ink cartridge to remove it from the slot.

Removing the ink cartridge

5. Hold the ink cartridge by its sides.

Holding the ink cartridge by its sides.

6. Lightly dampen a clean, lint-free cloth or swab with bottled or distilled water.

7. Clean the face and edges around the ink nozzle with the cloth or swab.

CAUTION: 

Do not clean the ink nozzle plate.

Cleaning the area around the ink nozzle

1. Nozzle plate - Do not clean

2. Area surrounding ink nozzle - Do clean

3. Ink cartridge contacts - Do not clean

8. Wait for the cleaned area to dry before you continue (approximately 10 minutes).

9. With the nozzles toward the printer, insert the ink cartridge into its slot until it snaps into place.

NOTE: 

Install the color ink cartridge on the left and the black ink cartridge on the right.

Inserting the ink cartridge.

10. Close the lid on the ink cartridge slot to secure the ink cartridge into place.

11. Repeat these steps to clean around the nozzles on the other ink cartridge.

12. Close the ink cartridge access door.

Here is the HP document for your future reference:- Click here

Let me know how it goes.

To thank me for my efforts to help you, please mark my post as an accepted solution so that it benefits several others.

Chers.

Sandytechy20
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.