Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Experiencing 'Printer Blocked' or 'Printer Error' message? Click here for more information.
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our Black or Color Ink Not Printing, Other Print Quality Issues info about: Print quality and Cartridge Issues.
HP Recommended
Envy Photo 7858
macOS 12.0 Monterey

My printer goes to a blue screen with a power icon in the middle and an error message that seems to change with all of the lights for the touch buttons around the screen flashing.  When you hold the power button or unplug it, it powers up normally and you can print again, but with 15 min or so it goes back to the blue screen with the buttons flashing.  I cant find anything on the error code its giving "B3E39BEB" - I had originally thought that it was a networking error so I turned off the networking and it stopped, but obviously I need the printer on the network, so I decided to try to plug it directly into the router with network cable and it starts again.  It has the most recent firmware available and the utilities available all say nothing is wrong with it.  

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

So I finally figured out how to do a factory reset and that seemed to work. at least it has been on all night without going into the blue screen with the errors 

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

since I couldn't wait for someone from HP to explain what is going on with my printer I fixed it myself. I went into my network setting on the printer and reset network settings. that alone seemed to keep the blue screen and error message to go away, but I  couldn't get my Mac to connect to the printer so I had to delete the HP Smart app and reinstall it. it then let me connect to the printer and everything seems to work now.  I hope it stay that way.

HP Recommended

I was wrong this didn't work. It worked for longer than anything else I had tried, but it went back to the blue screen and error code.

HP Recommended

So I finally figured out how to do a factory reset and that seemed to work. at least it has been on all night without going into the blue screen with the errors 

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.