Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Experiencing 'Printer Blocked' or 'Printer Error' message? Click here for more information.
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our Black or Color Ink Not Printing, Other Print Quality Issues info about: Print quality and Cartridge Issues.
HP Recommended
Officejet 4650
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I'm getting an error code on the front screen of my printer,  0XB8000508.  I'm not finding this in any of the forums.  I can get it to go away by turning off the printer and then back on.  But it has happened twice now.  Can you give me any answers as to what this error is and how to correct it?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hi gawright59,

I'm sorry to hear your printer is getting an error code.  Here is a document that shows several of these errors and describes how to reset the printer when they occur.  http://support.hp.com/us-en/product/HP-OfficeJet-4650-All-in-One-Printer-series/5447930/document/c00...

There are several error messages that come from the printer and unfortunately there are no definitions of what each of them mean.  It is an indicator of an error state internal to the printer. 

As you can see from the document -  resetting the printer is the only troubleshooting step for these errors.  If this error continues to occur you may need to replace the printer.  If the printer is in warranty I would recommend you contact HP Customer support (link is found in the document above) to set up an exchange.   If the printer is out of warranty - continue to reset it for as long as that recovers the unit.  You might want to start shopping around for another printer. 

I hope this helps and I hope the error does not pop up again. 

Jean

I am an HP Employee

View solution in original post

10 REPLIES 10
HP Recommended

Hi gawright59,

I'm sorry to hear your printer is getting an error code.  Here is a document that shows several of these errors and describes how to reset the printer when they occur.  http://support.hp.com/us-en/product/HP-OfficeJet-4650-All-in-One-Printer-series/5447930/document/c00...

There are several error messages that come from the printer and unfortunately there are no definitions of what each of them mean.  It is an indicator of an error state internal to the printer. 

As you can see from the document -  resetting the printer is the only troubleshooting step for these errors.  If this error continues to occur you may need to replace the printer.  If the printer is in warranty I would recommend you contact HP Customer support (link is found in the document above) to set up an exchange.   If the printer is out of warranty - continue to reset it for as long as that recovers the unit.  You might want to start shopping around for another printer. 

I hope this helps and I hope the error does not pop up again. 

Jean

I am an HP Employee
HP Recommended

Thanks.  The printer is only 3 months old.  I will continue to watch.

HP Recommended

I received the same error code on my printer and I bought it less than a month ago. This is only the third time I have used the printer, and it gave me the same error code OXB8000508. 

HP Recommended

From what I can tell, there is no fix. Just keep turning it off and on again. 

HP Recommended

Hi ahenza,

Your printer is still in warranty and I encourage you to contact HP Customer Support for an exchange unit. 

Sometimes the error can be recovered by resetting the printer - but if that does not clear it up - the printer needs to be replaced.

Jean

I am an HP Employee
HP Recommended

I have had the same problem. I had my HP Envy 4524 printer for 3 months and it kept getting the same error message on and off, not every day, but always at night. I'd get up to visit the bathroom and see the light on the printer. So I got in touch with HP and I was told it was a printhead issue and that I should unplug it and then reconnect. But it still kept happening. 

I was advised if this didn't help to exchange it. So I've just gone back to Currys and exchanged it for another one as it was still in warranty. 

I've had the new one 3 days and again there was the same error message in the middle of the night. 

It never happens during the day. 

Can anyone shed some light on this otherwise I'm going to have to change it for a different make I think?

HP Recommended

I ended up returning the printer since it was in waqrranty and received a refurbished one.  That error went away but apparently there is an error with ATT Uverse that when the printer goes to sleep, it is no longer connected to wifi when you turn it back on.  So I have to keep the printer connected with a USB or turn it off and on.  It only stays on for 5 minutes.  Ugh

HP Recommended

This isn't encouraging.  I just unboxed my computer and got this error during setup.  Has there been any progress on this at HP??? If not, wouldn't it be better to STOP SELLING this printer??

HP Recommended

As far as I know, they closed my ticket and said there was nothing else they can do.  I use my printer with the USB to my computer.  I cant use it to print from my ipad unless I turn it off and turn it back on and let the wireless boot back up.  Yes, its disgusting that they are selling it, knowing it has issues with ATT.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.