Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

I tried these steps four times and it didn't work.  I don't understand why this is happening because this printer has worked flawlessly since the day I purchased it, except tonight was the first time I've ever had any problems.

Please assist.

Thanks,

DiBellaJ@bellsouth.net

HP Recommended

That action did not fix the problem.  The error code is still there

HP Recommended

@JDOrlando @KState

Appreciate you trying the steps. I'd suggest you Contact HP in your region regarding the service options for your printer.

Thanks! 

Asmita
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

have an HP Officejet Pro 8610. I have removed the printhead several times and reinstalled it. I have followed the tech's solution of unplugging and lifting it up and moving left to right and relatching it  and then plugging it back in. I still receive the same message. I have replaced 2 ink cartridges recently but it printed correctly immediately afterwards.

HP Recommended

Thanks, 

I did al that but still got the message. Now I orderded a new printhead and hope that will solve the problem. 

HP Recommended

Officejet pro 8610 printerhead appears to be missing, not detected, or incorrectly installed

HP Recommended

I tried your solution and it did not work

HP Recommended

As mentioned I ordered a new printhead (M0H91A). It was delivered in good order. I removed the old one and installed the new one. Now it works. 

HP Recommended

I have already done what was suggested.  It didn't work.  This is why I am here.

HP Recommended

I ordered a new printhead (M0H91A). It was delivered in good order. I removed the old one and installed the new one. Now it works. You can order it at HP Parts Store: https://parts.hp.com/hpparts/default.aspx?cc=NL&lang=NL. There you can choose your language. (This printhead is for Officejet Pro 7740)

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.