cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
    Information
    Know the Benefits of your HP account

Connect with HP support faster, manage all your devices in one place, view warranty information and more– Click Here

Information
    Fix Windows 10 Update Issues

Resolve Windows 10 or update issues on HP computer or printer– Click Here

• post a message
    Information
    Know the Benefits of your HP account

Connect with HP support faster, manage all your devices in one place, view warranty information and more– Click Here

Information
    Fix Windows 10 Update Issues

Resolve Windows 10 or update issues on HP computer or printer– Click Here

• post a message
Highlighted
1 0 0 0
Message 1 of 3
Flag Post

Error printheads are missing

HP Recommended
Officejet pro 8620
macOS 10.13 High Sierra

I keep jetting an error message that says the printhead are missing.

i tried resetting the printer by unplugging back and wall

I have also taken the printheads out and reinstalled them.

the printed heads are almost as expensive to replace as a new printer 

2 REPLIES 2
Highlighted
Level 13
Level 13
6,297 6,267 506 1,071
Message 2 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hello, 

Hello,

Please click https://support.hp.com/us-en/product/hp-photosmart-7510-e-all-in-one-printer-series-c311/5070118/doc...  to access the steps that should resolve the issue .

Once you remove the printhead, have a look at the back of it, you'd find electrical contact point, i'd recommend you to use a DRY Lint Free Cloth and wipe those smoothly.

Regards,
Jabzi

Give Kudos to say "thanks" by clicking on the "thumps Up icon" .

Click "Accept as Solution" if it solved your problem, so others can find it.
Although I am an HP employee, I am speaking for myself and not for HP.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
1 1 0 0
Message 3 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

HP officejet Prof 8600 Plus all in One n911g   Printer just stopped after printing several pages and next time sent something to printer  got "printhead missing, not detected, or incorrectly installed.  Have pulled ink cartridges, cleaned electrical contacts on cartridges and on back of printhead.  Also cleaned inside of printer since there had been a paper jam the day before that crunched up paper with a lot of printer ink on it the day before.  I had however run over 50-60 copies after the paper jam and before the printer just stopped.  Also have turned on and off to reset, all the cartridges are HP and new.  So it seems I have to replace printhead at $150 + or buy another printer UGH!  The new Officejet all print slower and the dpi on print & scan are also lower.  Current 8600 has 4800x4800 dpi and 4800x1200 dpi for scanning.  Will decide tomorrow.  B44TLB

0 Kudos
Warning Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation