cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
    Information
    HP Solution Center Adobe Flash player error

Please check this document to find the workaround solution for Print and Scan - HP Solution Center doesn't open

Information
    Fix Windows 10 Update Issues

Resolve Windows 10 or update issues on HP computer or printer– Click Here

• post a message
    Information
    HP Solution Center Adobe Flash player error

Please check this document to find the workaround solution for Print and Scan - HP Solution Center doesn't open

Information
    Fix Windows 10 Update Issues

Resolve Windows 10 or update issues on HP computer or printer– Click Here

• post a message
1 0 0 0
Message 1 of 2
Flag Post

Factory reset HP Color Laser MFP 179fnw

HP Recommended
HP Color Laser MFP 179fnw
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hello everyone

I need to factory reset my HP Color Laser MFP 179fnw printer. I can no longer access it via weblogin, and the default credentials does not work. I cant find how to do it anywhere, only HPs answers in forums to contact them for private messages on how to do a factory reset. But when I want to contact them through support I cant even send a message since the printer is older than 12 months and the warranty has lapsed.

Does anyone know how I reset it? Or is there any HP people here who can send me this top secret solution via private message?

Thank you!

1 REPLY 1
Level 17
Level 17
30,371 30,087 5,191 12,040
Message 2 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi,

You should use admin as the user (all lower case with its WPS Security PIN as the password:

https://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Printers-Knowledge-Base/HP-Laser-Printers-locate-EWS-Administrator-Pas...

Please let me know if that helps,

Shlomi

Say thanks by clicking the Kudos thumb up in the post.
If my post resolve your problem please mark it as an Accepted Solution 🙂
0 Kudos
Warning Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation