Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Experiencing 'Printer Blocked' or 'Printer Error' message? Click here for more information.
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our Black or Color Ink Not Printing, Other Print Quality Issues info about: Print quality and Cartridge Issues.
HP Recommended
HP Officejet Pro 8600 e-all-in-one Printer N911a
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

My printer is working with the old wifi modem. I need to install a new modem but I failed. My printer is the HP Officejet Pro 8600 e-all-in-one N911a. When I follow the instruction to connect my printer to the wifi modem. It failed on No filtering. I follow the problem solution to add my wireless MAC address to the modem. It still fail with the same reason. Please help me. I am running out of possible solutions.

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

@sl0005, Welcome to HP Support Community!

Since it connects to the old modem, the printer HW is perfectly fine.

Could you contact the ISP and see if you can get any help?

Keep me posted for further assistance.

TEJ1602
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

TEJ1602,

Thank you very much for your suggestion.

Yesterday I was lucky enough to find the HP warranty customer service phone number. The girl was kind enough to connect me to a technical agent. He helped me to change one of the modem option. Then the printer just automatically connected to the wifi modem with the wifi icon on the printer screen with a solid blue. I am so happy. I even talked to his supervisor. She also noticed I am very happy.

So the issue is solved. And the advise is free. I am gratefully.

Sl0005 

HP Recommended

What modem setting needed to be changed.  I also have same issue and no one seems to have any direction or solutions to it.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.