cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
    Information
    Know the Benefits of your HP account

Connect with HP support faster, manage all your devices in one place, view warranty information and more– Click Here

Information
    Fix Windows 10 Update Issues

Resolve Windows 10 or update issues on HP computer or printer– Click Here

• post a message
    Information
    Know the Benefits of your HP account

Connect with HP support faster, manage all your devices in one place, view warranty information and more– Click Here

Information
    Fix Windows 10 Update Issues

Resolve Windows 10 or update issues on HP computer or printer– Click Here

• post a message
Highlighted
2 1 0 0
Message 1 of 3
Flag Post

Fatal error with LaserJet Pro M255dw

HP Recommended
LaserJet Pro M255dw
macOS 10.15 Catalina

Hello all,

I have a fatal problem with my printer. It is still under warranty (bought last april 2020). It prints fine. But printing some pdf files makes it to "crach": it prints "Fatal error" on the screen, then it reboots immeditely. I have updated its firmware with the last version of June 2020, the problem is insolved. This situation arises with two pdf files each time I try to print them. I have to convert them to jpeg to avoid the problem.

Any suggestion or help ? I did not find how to contact the hotline of HP in France, the website of HP is buggy (many pages does not exit, some sections do not display correctly, etc.)

Thanks in advance

A.

2 REPLIES 2
Highlighted
HP Support Agent
HP Support Agent
14,205 14,199 935 1,110
Message 2 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

@Augustin75, Welcome to the HP Support Community!

• Is this issue limited to printing PDF files?
  • Have you tried printing different types of documents like Word, or Webpages and check if the issue persists?
  • Are you using the preview app or the Adobe app to print PDF files?

Try updating the Adobe application.

Also, use the preview app to print PDF files and check if that helps. Click here to know how.

Print the PDF file as an image.

Refer to this document to know how.

Hope this helps! Keep me posted. 

Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

Have a great day! 

KUMAR0307
I am an HP Employee

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Author
2 1 0 0
Message 3 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hello Kumar,

• yes this issue is limited to only pdf files
  • I do not use adobe applications, I use native macos pdf reader (aperçu)
  • I printed different types of documents, including some pdf files, without problem

I solved the problem by launching the application "HP smart" for the first time, this applications configures the printer more than just installing the driver.

Best

0 Kudos
Warning Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation