Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Experiencing 'Printer Blocked' or 'Printer Error' message? Click here for more information.
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our Black or Color Ink Not Printing, Other Print Quality Issues info about: Print quality and Cartridge Issues.
HP Recommended
HP 910 Ink

A couple weeks ago all three of my color cartridges needed to be replaced. They were getting  low so I had a multi-pack of those three and a black on hand. The cyan didn't work well from the start. The level showed as full, but it printed as if it was running out. Based on what I read on this site, I wiped the cartridge off with a soft cloth, made sure all of the packaging was off,  cleaned the printhead, aligned the printhead, and reset the printer - those last three were done several times. The result was having all three colors show low ink (even though they were hardly used), and none of them are printing color now.  

My local store is completely out of all 910 ink cartridges, so I can't print in color while I wait for my order to be delivered. 

I have used all of the other options on this site for help. I need to talk to a real person HP! I'm not happy with HP's horrible customer service or the fact that I spent too much money on a low quality printer and useless ink. 

How do I get a refund for the ink?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

@PlansKnown I understand your concern and I will bring your issue to the attention of an appropriate team within HP.

Although, I'll need some private information from you in order to create a case for you.

Please look for a private message requesting additional information. 

Keep in mind not to publicly post personal information (serial numbers, case details, etc...).

If you are unfamiliar with how the Community's private message capability works, you can learn about that here.

If the information I've provided was helpful, give us some reinforcement by clicking the "Accept as solution" on my public post, that'll help us and others see that we've got the answers!

Thank you for visiting the HP Support Community. 

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

View solution in original post

11 REPLIES 11
HP Recommended

@PlansKnown I understand your concern and I will bring your issue to the attention of an appropriate team within HP.

Although, I'll need some private information from you in order to create a case for you.

Please look for a private message requesting additional information. 

Keep in mind not to publicly post personal information (serial numbers, case details, etc...).

If you are unfamiliar with how the Community's private message capability works, you can learn about that here.

If the information I've provided was helpful, give us some reinforcement by clicking the "Accept as solution" on my public post, that'll help us and others see that we've got the answers!

Thank you for visiting the HP Support Community. 

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Thank you HP for solving my issue! 

HP Recommended

I have the same issue finding HP 910 color ink for my brand new printer that ran out of ink in a couple of days. Walmart has the cartridges in stock, but wouldn't sell them. All I can do is print in black. I tried to buy the cartridges from HP, but they are out of stock, too. I really regret I'm stuck with this HP printer now, I can't believe they completely removed ink from the shelves for a printer like this, without any notifications or any timeline when the cartridges will be available again.

HP Recommended

Can you share the solution you were provided to those of us who don't have the time to wait for a reply from HP? I would be forever grateful!!

HP Recommended

Unfortunately I have found that HP's customer service is beyond terrible! I am stuck with a printer that won't print color either- which is a part of my job- and no answer to questions regarding when 910 may be back in stock.  Bad part is I have another HP printer that uses a 900 series ink, which is also out of stock. 

HP Recommended

Same problem... NO CYAN Cartridges work!!

HP Recommended

I've just talked to the HP Media supervisor and she told me that there had been a manufacturing defect in the ink cartridges HP 900, 905, 910, 913, 914 and some others, and they had to be pulled off the shelves because using these cartridges can damage your printer's head. They are expecting the issue to be fully resolved within 5-10 business days - the new cartridges have already started to trickle in, but they are first servicing existing HP orders and instant ink customers.

HP Recommended

Gene you mean to tell me you were able to converse with a real live person at HP?   I haven't been able to get anyone to come out from under their rock to acknowledge my inquiry. Lucky you!

HP Recommended

I have the same issue.   I have a 910 cyan ink cartridge that gives me the same error (incompatible cartridge) and needs to be replaced.   I purchased it directly from the HP store.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.