cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Common problems for INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about Instant Ink. Check out this link: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER. .
zgonzalez09
1 0 0 0
Message 1 of 2
Flag Post

Film Positives not lining up

HP Recommended
Officejet 7610
macOS 10.14 Mojave

So I have an officejet 7610 that ive been using to print film positives for screen printing and I’m having an issue with my films lining up on multiple color jobs. I use 3 registration marks on each side of the artwork, and it seems like 70% of them line up and some don’t. I was doing some research and it seems like it might be due to some stretching/shrinking of the films somewhere during printing. To counteract this, I’ve tried to leave them out overnight to adjust to the humidity before printing, and being very careful about how the print is supported as it comes out of the feeding tray but nothing seems to help. With some of the less detailed prints it’s not a big deal but it’s a nightmare to line up anything too detailed. Also something that might help Is the rollers arent grabbing the film to feed it into the printer, I have to wait until the feeders press down on the films and force it to grip onto it so that might be the problem but I dont know how to fix it. 

1 REPLY 1
TEJ1602
HP Support Agent
HP Support Agent
18,899 18,877 1,558 1,539
Message 2 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

@zgonzalez09, Welcome to HP Support Community!

To provide you with an accurate solution, I would like to know the following:

• Are you able to print fine on regular paper?
  • When you mention not lining up, what exactly happens? Share the output with us
  • And with the paper pick up, is it an issue with all kind of papers or just this film paper?

Keep me posted for further assistance.

Cheers 🙂

TEJ1602
I am an HP Employee

0 Kudos
Warning Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation