07-15-2020 06:35 AM - edited 07-15-2020 06:35 AM
I encounter the issue that was described on the forum previously (https://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Inkjet-Printing/First-Print-blurry/td-p/5782544) and understand this is an issue due to the combination of printhead revision and printer firmware. My printer just came out of warranty and I wonder how this can be addressed. I always use official HP Ink Cartridges.
07-17-2020 03:17 PM
@EdwinB1, Welcome to HP Support Community!
Let us try to isolate the issue further, I'll try my best to help you-
- Does this happen with photocopies too?
- Which application are you trying to print from?
- Have you tried using the HP Smart App?
- Tried printing from any other device?
Keep me posted.
I am an HP Employee
07-19-2020 11:54 AM
- Does this happen with photocopies too? The issue only appears to happen when printing documents. Most of the times the first page has the blurred printing and then subsequent pages are fine, until the next time I print after an idle period. When printing several documents after one another, the issue only happens on the first page of the first print.
- Which application are you trying to print from? The application doesn't seem to trigger it. This happens from Apple mail, Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, but also AdobeViewer, Web Browser, etc.
- Have you tried using the HP Smart App? Yes, same issue happens. I also realigned the printer heads, reset the printer as suggested in the other post, etc.
- Tried printing from any other device? Printing from various computers (MacBook Air, MacBook Pro, mobile phones). All have the same issue with the first page being blurred.
Hope this answers the questions. Thanks,
08-11-2020 10:44 AM
Try the steps in the document to resolve the print quality issue -Black or Color Ink Not Printing, Other Print Quality Issues
If the issue persists, please Contact HP phone support team in your region.
Have a great day!
Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.
Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!
08-12-2020 12:48 AM
Thanks for your response - I did already try these steps listed in the document prior to reaching out to the community for a resolution. I'm always using HP cartridges and am using HP print paper, to see if that was causing the problem. The issue I see is similar to / the same as in this post: https://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Inkjet-Printing/First-Print-blurry/td-p/5782544.
I am also in contact with TEJ1602 on the same via direct messaging.
08-12-2020 01:54 AM
TEJ1602 is currently unavailable.
I'd be assisting you from here on.
We could try a complete reset on the printer and check if that helps.
- The reset instructions are specific for your printer and performing those steps on a different printer may corrupt the device.
- I've sent you a private message with reset instructions, follow the reset instruction to perform a full reset and re-initialize the printer.
- In order to access your private messages, click the private message icon on the upper right corner of your HP Forums profile, next to your profile Name or simply click on this link: https://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/notes/privatenotespage
Keep me posted!