Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Experiencing 'Printer Blocked' or 'Printer Error' message? Click here for more information.
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our Black or Color Ink Not Printing, Other Print Quality Issues info about: Print quality and Cartridge Issues.
HP Recommended
deskjet 2600
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hi

My 2600 has orange info lights flashing constantly. I have tried all the solutions kindly suggested here, ran the units own diagnose and fix programme and downloaded and ran the HP Print and Scan Doctor all to no effect. I also downloaded and installed the latest software and drivers. This issue only arose when I cancelled my Instant Ink account and installed genuine HP XL Cartridges. I was always quite happy with the Instant Ink arrangement but needed to use up the two XL cartridges I purchased with the printer as they were nearing their end of life dates. Having said this it would appear the print quality has improved dramatically but I will have to wait and see if this is as a result of software n maintenance updates or if the purchased Inks are of a far superior quality. My Instant Ink contract will officially end soon and I will come back and update this post if this blinking orange light is being caused by HP's Instant Ink system even though it acknowledges I have cancelled my contract and knows I have installed genuine HP cartridges

hitbit 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

@hitbit

This is something unusual. You have 2 options here, you may ignore the light and continue to use the printer as it is working fine. Or, reach out to the HP Technical Support team in your region for further assistance. 

Keep me posted for any other assistance.

Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

KUMAR0307
I am an HP Employee

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

@hitbit, Welcome to the HP Support Community!

I don't think there is an issue with the printer as you are able to print fine. Press the info button so that the information page prints.

You may also do a hard reset on the printer.

For more info on resolving the blinking lights issue, refer to - Blinking Lights

Hope this helps! Keep me posted. 

Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

Have a great day! 

KUMAR0307
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Hi Kumar,

Thanks for the reply. Unfortunately the info light continues to constantly blink. I have pressed the info button which prints a wireless quick guide. I have tried all the HP suggestions unplugging the printer, removing the power cable, holding power button, re powering directly to wall socket et but to no avail. The printer continues to work fine. All this only began when I replaced instant ink cartridges with genuine HP store purchased ones.

Yours

Martin

HP Recommended

@hitbit

This is something unusual. You have 2 options here, you may ignore the light and continue to use the printer as it is working fine. Or, reach out to the HP Technical Support team in your region for further assistance. 

Keep me posted for any other assistance.

KUMAR0307
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Hi Kumar,

Thanks for the reply. I find this orange light constantly flashing distracting. I think I will simply avoid signing up for the ink service in the future and perhaps even change printer supplier.

Yours,

Hitbit

HP Recommended

Hi Kumar,

This issue finally resolved itself.

Thank You

Hitbit

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.