Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Experiencing 'Printer Blocked' or 'Printer Error' message? Click here for more information.
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our Black or Color Ink Not Printing, Other Print Quality Issues info about: Print quality and Cartridge Issues.
HP Recommended

HP is becoming the EA of tech/office supplies.  I agree with all said here.  So sad that they put the bottom line ahead of providing quality, fair service.

Well done, HP.  (sarcastic for those who didn't read the sentence above)

HP Recommended

Thanks for getting on board and voicing your concern.  For people like you and me, HP really screwed us.  I doubt we will get them to reinstate the free plan.  That would require them to admit that they were wrong and tell us something besides, "BuT yOu GeT tHreE TiMes tHE RolLoVer??"

For everyone reading, don't forget to click the button that says, I have the same question.  That will increase exposure to HP and maybe we will get a legitimate response. 

HP Recommended

@Pip12 I haven't canceled my plan yet because it is still free.  You better believe that after the December billing month ends that I will be canceling though.  And unless something changes, ending all business with HP. 

Not surprised they made it a headache for you though... If you manage to cancel, post back with any tips you have.  Otherwise, I am just going to call customer service and channel my inner Karen (kidding, it's not CS's fault). 

Not looking forward to the inconvenience of being on hold, sending ink back, finding ink that doesn't support HP, etc.

But, doing anything less would be condoning them taking advantage of consumers. 

HP Recommended

I canceled mine.  There was no option to cancel online that I could find.  Had to call their support number and it was not a fun process.  H2697 is right though.  It has gotta be done.  Also, I work in an office that uses HP paper and ink.  Paper is easy to re source... anyone find alternative ink?  Management here is actually upset enough with all the articles and complaints that they wanna buy new printers lol.  Idk if HP is publicly traded, but if so, might be a good short...

HP Recommended

Wow.  This picked up a lot of traction since I last saw it.  I was annoyed at first, but HP really pissed off a lot of people.  I hope they help us out somehow.

HP Recommended

The printer I replaced was an officejet 8600 AIO.  It was a much better device than these cheaply made replacements.

I'm going to return this 9018 and I wish I didn't have 2 envy laptops too.  I don't like supporting a company that doesn't appreciate customers.  The price of the replacement ink is a crime and I'm not going to reward their trickery -related to free ink.

I may only be 1 person.  But, so be it!

Shellb

HP Recommended

I'm sure Canon, Epson, Lexmark or maybe Brother has something similar...adios HP.

HP Recommended

You inspired me to create an an account just for this thread! Thank you for sharing my frustrations.

HP Recommended

Having the same issue here. I have always liked HP printers, and when I need an upgrade or the old printer just stopped working, I usually buy another HP product. However this time I'm being screwed, because when I bought this printer they also sold me a free lifetime subscription of their service, or else I would have bought a cheaper model.
Guess they just lost a customer. Not a very big one, I admit, but nevertheless CANON will probably be the way to go next time.

HP Recommended

I bought a new HP printer for my old mum. who doesn't print much, because of the free ink for 15 pages or less.  HP were still advertising free ink when I bought the printer yesterday 23/11/2020.  Sounds like grounds for mis - selling to me.  Do  HP read these messages; if yes, what are you going to do about it?

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.