Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Experiencing 'Printer Blocked' or 'Printer Error' message? Click here for more information.
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our Black or Color Ink Not Printing, Other Print Quality Issues info about: Print quality and Cartridge Issues.
HP Recommended

Ive been charged £11 to print. I purchased the printer, provided the paper and I'm being punished for printing more then 15 pages lol. I need to speak to a live chat agent to fully understand this because I don't get it. ITS MY PRINTER & PAPER!!! I think they have sent me one cartridge in over a year I've had the machine.

HP Recommended

I’m finding A similar problem.

**bleep** HP! They are holding my printer hostage.

I paid out of pocket to reload my brand new printer with an official HP Envy Pro 6400 inkjet cartridge. Now It prints a **bleep** note telling me “this page does not count towards your HP instant ink page account” because? I own the printer, bought the HP cartridge and they want recurrent income for something I already own.

Total rip off. Total abuse of customer loyalty.

Kenneth S Clements

[Personal Information Removed]

HP Recommended

I’m finding A similar problem.

**bleep** HP! They are holding my printer hostage.

I paid out of pocket to reload my brand new printer with an official HP Envy Pro 6400 inkjet cartridge. Now It prints a **bleep** note telling me “this page does not count towards your HP instant ink page account” because? I own the printer, bought the HP cartridge and they want recurrent income for something I already own.

Total rip off. Total abuse of customer loyalty.

Kenneth S Clements

HP Recommended

Ditto!   For life of printer???  HP decides life of printer!  Almost 3 years for me.  They did give a 60 day notice which gives you 60 days to accept their contractual change or not accept and cancel.  Just out of curiosity, has anyone found a phone number to call HP customer service?  I am tired of going in circles!  Need serial # and product # to contact HP only to find they do not have record of either on file and can not proceed without either!  HP not backing  their product or contract does not surprise me.  Purchased new laptop(more expediate) when older laptop's battery was not charging and later replaced battery for older laptop with an original HP replacement.  New battery did not last during the warranty period.  HP did not back their battery.  They said the product, laptop, was obsolete.  Well why was HP still selling replacement battery for that laptop???  The new laptop with internal battery lasted less than a year and I was not going to make the same mistake.  I have purchased two Dell laptops since then, recalling how they backed their laptops when batteries overheated and started fires destroying laptops.  Will probably swear off HP products after this one just like I did Sony products.  HP altering initial contract allows for termination of contract by consumer at the end of the day on 12/15/20 and should allow for consumer to use their printer, with current ink supply, until printer is inoperable or owner has to purchase a new ink cartridge to replace the empty one.  A very disappointed once loyal HP customer!    

HP Recommended

Hi @rasman2,

I have brought your issue to the attention of an appropriate team within HP. They will likely request information from you in order to look up your case details or product serial number. Please look for a private message from an identified HP contact. Additionally, keep in mind not to publicly post personal information (serial numbers and case details).

Thank you for visiting the HP Support Community. 

Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

Have a great day! 

And, Welcome to the HP Support Community. 

HP Recommended

Hi @Jay_24,

Will someone bring my issue to someone's atention too?
Support told me today that my Ink Cartridges will stop printing if I cancel my "free" subscription, and that I have to buy new cartridges. **bleep**????

HP Recommended

yep its true..cancel and it stops working..it's to keep you locked in to it..and there is not one place to cancel..i been trying for months..i can't afford it now..they won't lsten

HP Recommended

i called and made a stink and got a full refund.  I was supposed to get "free" printing, but they didn't mention that i had to sign up for a larger number of pages, that would then trigger my 'free" pages.  Since I used the printer before doing that (to print their mandatory alignment and setup pages, I was excluded from the free plan.  Total scam.  Run, don't walk away.  Buy your own ink.

HP Recommended

i managed to cancel..after months of trying

HP Recommended

I had signed up for this program, no ink received, continues to prompt for registration after I have registered, given up my Credit card info.  Seems this is more of a scam

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.