Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Experiencing 'Printer Blocked' or 'Printer Error' message? Click here for more information.
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our Black or Color Ink Not Printing, Other Print Quality Issues info about: Print quality and Cartridge Issues.
HP Recommended
HP Deskjet F4480
Microsoft Windows 7 (64-bit)

I'm using a Deskjet F4480. And yes, the warranty is long expired. After replacing my ink cartridges, my prints are coming out fuzzy and blurry as if I needed glasses. I've tried doing an alignment several times to no avail, but the test pages come out pretty clear. I ran all the tests offered in the Solution Center but still nothing. I also tried changing various settings with print quality, B/W vs grayscale, etc. Any ideas or do I need to go shopping?

Thanks!

4 REPLIES 4
HP Recommended

@Beardy2, Welcome to the HP Support Community!

Try making a standalone copy and check if that works. By this, we can conclude if this is a hardware or a driver issue.

Kindly refer to the steps mentioned in the article Troubleshooting Print-Quality Issues.

If you have already tried these steps and the issue persists, it could be a hardware issue. Please reach out to the HP Support in your region regarding the service options for your printer. 

If the printer is out of warranty, I suggest you upgrade the printer. You may visit Hp Store to check the available printers.

Keep me posted for any other assistance.

Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

Have a great day! 

KUMAR0307
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

I tried the stand-alone copy and that is much clearer than regular printing. What does that indicate as far as where the problem lies?

HP Recommended

Just to add more information, there definitely seems to be a double-print happening which creates a shadow which causes the fuzziness. 

HP Recommended

@Beardy2

Perform root level uninstallation to remove all the printer related software's.

• In Windows, search for and open Programs and Features.
  • Select your HP printer.
  • Select Uninstall.
  • In Windows, search for and open Devices and Printers.
  • In the Devices and Printers window look for your HP Printer. If you see it listed, right-click on it and choose "Delete" or "Remove Device.”
  • Open up the run command with the "Windows Key + R" key combo.
  • Type printui.exe /s and click OK.
  • Click on Drivers tab.
  • Look for HP Printer driver. If you see it click on it and click Remove at the bottom.
  • Select OK.
  • Remove all instances of the same.
  • Select Apply and OK on the Print Server Properties windows.
  • Close Devices and Printers. 
  • Restart the PC again.

Download and install printer full feature driver

Click here to download the driver.

I hope that helps.

To thank me for my efforts to help you, please mark my post as an accepted solution so that it benefits several others.

Cheers.

Sandytechy20
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.