Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Experiencing 'Printer Blocked' or 'Printer Error' message? Click here for more information.
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our Black or Color Ink Not Printing, Other Print Quality Issues info about: Print quality and Cartridge Issues.
HP Recommended
Printer HP 2700

Hi my daughter is at Uni and her wireless printer cannot connect to the Uni's internet..She has a Chromebook that she managed to connect, but the printer a All-In-One HP 2700 cannot conect. She has signed up to that Ink Replacment scheme HP are offering so needs to be connectec to the internet. Can't connect the printer to Uni's internet has something to do with the Uni's Internet security i think she said. So logged her into a Hotspot and the printer connected to the Hotspot network but its not connecting to the internet..can anyone help??

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hi @Nicci1701,

I'd like to help!

Guest or public networks (such as networks found in apartments, coffee shops, schools, or hotels) have additional security features that can prevent printing.

To print, directly connect your computer or mobile device to your printer with Wi-Fi Direct.

For more information, go to Wi-Fi Direct Printer Setup

Printer does not support mobile hotsot connectivity 

Hope this helps! Keep me posted. 

And, Welcome to the HP Support Community. 

Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

Hi @Nicci1701,

I'd like to help!

Guest or public networks (such as networks found in apartments, coffee shops, schools, or hotels) have additional security features that can prevent printing.

To print, directly connect your computer or mobile device to your printer with Wi-Fi Direct.

For more information, go to Wi-Fi Direct Printer Setup

Printer does not support mobile hotsot connectivity 

Hope this helps! Keep me posted. 

And, Welcome to the HP Support Community. 

Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping

HP Recommended

Hi Thank you for replying. That helps us answer why, as since not allowed to connect to the Uni's internet with it. She was trying to use a Hotspot. If the printer is not supported for hotspots ill let her know. Its a real shame as the printer was bought specifically for going to Uni to keep costs down, plus she signed up for the fantastic Ink Replacement Monthly Scheme you have on. It isnt gonna be worth paying for that scheme now if she cant use a Hotspot connection.

Thanks for replying though.

HP Recommended

I understand about the instant ink plan,

but, she can use a USB cable to plug between the printer and computer to print and scan.

Refer -USB Printer Setup (Windows) or USB Printer Setup (Mac)

Keep me posted!

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.