cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
    Information
    Know the Benefits of your HP account

Connect with HP support faster, manage all your devices in one place, view warranty information and more– Click Here

Information
    Fix Windows 10 Update Issues

Resolve Windows 10 or update issues on HP computer or printer– Click Here

• post a message
    Information
    Know the Benefits of your HP account

Connect with HP support faster, manage all your devices in one place, view warranty information and more– Click Here

Information
    Fix Windows 10 Update Issues

Resolve Windows 10 or update issues on HP computer or printer– Click Here

• post a message
Highlighted
2 0 0 0
Message 1 of 2
Flag Post

HP 3830 Printer will not print color

HP Recommended
HP OfficeJet 3830
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I've spent the last THREE HOURS going through every post regarding this printer and NONE of the "solutions" I've found is working. 

It shouldn't take three hours searching through forums to figure out why a printer won't work correctly out of the box and, judging from the posts I have found, this printer is nothing but problems. 

It will print a test page correctly, but nothing else in color.

• Yes. I've installed it through the HP driver
  • Yes, I've installed it through the Windows 10 Add a Printer
  • Yes, I've tried to install it wirelessly and then via USB
  • Yes, I've made sure I've deleted previous setups before adding a new printer to prevent any confusion
  • Yes I've swapped out my ink cartridge in case the "starter" cartridge that came with it was dry (which shouldn't have been the problem anyway since it will print a test page in color - I just didn't want a moderator to come back with that "solution")
  • Yes, I've uninstalled the driver, rebooted my laptop, and installed the new driver, then rebooted AGAIN each time I've had to try a different "soluton"
  • No, it's not my laptop. I reinstalled my old Canon printer (which, by the way NEVER gave me any issues, I just foolishly wanted a cloud compatible printer so bought the HP 3830 disaster). The old printer worked fine, both B&W and color. I have tried printing from three laptops (both wirelessly and USB), four tablets, and three phones. NONE of them will print in color with the HP but when I uninstall the HP and reinstall the Canon, it prints fine on all three laptops. 

I've already contacted Amazon for a return ticket and will be leaving a review with them regarding the difficulties people have with this thing before they waste their money. However, I thought I'd ask on the forums just in case someone can actually solve this issue for me rather than direct me to a bunch of solutions I've already searched for and tried. This is, by far, the worst printer I have ever had in my life... going all the way back to dot-matrix "NLQ" printers!

1 REPLY 1
Highlighted
HP Support Agent
HP Support Agent
11,863 11,849 655 489
Message 2 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

@CelannnaM

Welcome to the HP Support Community.

This situation will need some additional support from our internal teams in HP. For that to happen, we will give you additional instructions/information via Private Message.

Please do check your inbox on the forums page for the private message.

If the information I've provided was helpful, give us some reinforcement by clicking the Accepted Solution button, that'll help us and others see that we've got the answers!

Thanks!

Have a great day!

I am an HP Employee

0 Kudos
Warning Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation