Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
HP OfficeJet 3833
macOS 10.15 Catalina

(I just posted this about an hour ago but the post seems to have disappeared ...)

I'm having issues printing with my new HP OfficeJet 3833 - certain objects on the screen are distorted/misaligned while printing, but not all. Some text and image boxes will be printed correctly, while others will be shifted, and the image will print as a different size as on the document layout/print preview.

I've attached screenshots below to illustrate my issues.

I've gone through the realignment steps with the printer/HP setup, and I've tried printing through various programs - photoshop, Pages, Word, etc. I'm printing on a US letter-sized sheet of paper, and I've double checked that the document size in the page setup as well as on the printer when I load the paper is correct.

The images are simple PNGs that I've inserted into the documents, and text is always typed up through whichever program that I'm using. There is no issue with print/ink quality, just the distortion. 

I've just received this printer, so the firmware/driver/software are all up to date, and I've tried everything else and don't know how to troubleshoot any further.

Any help would be appreciated - please and thank you in advance!

Images would load as an error after posting, so I've uploaded the print preview/layout vs the actual printed results image on imgBB and linked below:

Layout - https://ibb.co/z6McrP9

Results - https://ibb.co/ZmLhQ3j 

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

Hi @natruok,

I'd like to help! 

To better assist you - 

1) Does the copy print out the same way? 

2) What's the application you are trying to print from? Have you tried printing from a different application or device? 

While you respond to that, let's print a Print Quality Diagnostic page -

1. Load plain paper into the input tray.

2. On the printer control panel, swipe the display to the left, and then touch Setup.

3. Touch Tools, and then touch Print Quality Report.

Post the Print Quality Diagnostic page here so we can help you further. 

You may also refer to this document with steps to fix the " Print Quality Issues" issue applicable for your printer -  Print Quality Issues 

Also, try updating the printer's firmware - HP Printers - Updating or Upgrading Printer Firmware 

Hope this helps! Keep me posted. 

And, Welcome to the HP Support Community

Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.