Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Experiencing 'Printer Blocked' or 'Printer Error' message? Click here for more information.
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our Black or Color Ink Not Printing, Other Print Quality Issues info about: Print quality and Cartridge Issues.
HP Recommended
HP DESKJET INK ADVANTAGE 5575

Hi, I bought HP deskjet ink advantage 5575 from UAE. The printer uses ink cartridge no. 651. i shifted to India and now my cartridges are empty. I could not get the same cartridge here. Which cartridge available in India will be compatible to this. Also how to get the region changed in my printer driver if required.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

You wouldn't be able to perform a region reset by yourself. As mentioned in my previous post - you need to have all the cartridges either from the region from where the printer was purchased originally or the new region to which you want to reset it to.

So if you have the cartridges from UAE, that would be fine too. Please mention the exact country.

Also, please confirm if you meet all the criteria's as asked in my previous post.

If the information I've provided was helpful, give us some reinforcement by clicking the "Accept as solution" button, that'll help us and others see that we've got the answers!

Thanks!

Have a great day!

I am an HP Employee

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

@ramis69

Welcome to the HP Support Community.

We would need to perform a region reset on your Printer for you to be able to use the cartridges made in India for your Printer.

To do a printer region reset you need to meet the following conditions:

1. The printer should be connected using a printer USB cable to the computer.

2. You need to have the printer full feature software installed on your computer. Are you on Windows or MAC?

3. You need to have all the cartridges either from the region from where the printer was purchased originally or the new region to which you want to reset it to.

Keep us posted 🙂

Thanks!

I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Thanks @betty0610

It looks useful. But one issue is that which cartridge available in India would suit the printer. Can you give me the number so that I can buy and make it ready. 

Futher, can I reset myself or do I need to connect to someone from HP to do the reset. 

Regards

HP Recommended

You wouldn't be able to perform a region reset by yourself. As mentioned in my previous post - you need to have all the cartridges either from the region from where the printer was purchased originally or the new region to which you want to reset it to.

So if you have the cartridges from UAE, that would be fine too. Please mention the exact country.

Also, please confirm if you meet all the criteria's as asked in my previous post.

If the information I've provided was helpful, give us some reinforcement by clicking the "Accept as solution" button, that'll help us and others see that we've got the answers!

Thanks!

Have a great day!

I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.