Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Experiencing 'Printer Blocked' or 'Printer Error' message? Click here for more information.
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our Black or Color Ink Not Printing, Other Print Quality Issues info about: Print quality and Cartridge Issues.
HP Recommended
HP 6812
I have a HP Office jet 6812 printer. This think has been a work horse and never given me a problem. A few weeks back it acted like it was running out of ink while printing a black only document, streaking, lightly printing, etc.. knowing that the ink was fairly new and full, (HP ink) something was wrong. I ran the alignment procedure and it only ran a couple of colors, no black. I decided to remove the print head and check if it had clogged nozzles. After trying for two weeks to get all of them free, (I wasn't able to get the blue cleared) I figured I would put it back in and see how it printed anyways because I did clear the black. It didn't. Blank pages. I stupidly didn't cover up the foam on the ink cartridges, so I thought this was my problem as to why it wasn't printing.  I decided to purchase a new print head, along with new ink.

I installed a new print head and it is still not printing. I have aligned, cleaned, print quality, status, etc.. but nothing prints. Close to thirty pages now, still nothing. I am bewilder by the fact it indicates the ink levels are decreasing.

Could this print head be defective or is something else going on? This new head is an HP print head, not a replacement style. It has the HP logo stamped on the circuit board.

HELP ME PLEASE.
2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

@Moneyhoney

Welcome to the HP Support Community.

This could be a hardware issue with the Printer itself.

I recommend you to contact the HP Support Team regarding this.

Link: www.hp.com/contacthp/

Note:  Select the country accordingly to get the contact details for support.

If the information I've provided was helpful, give us some reinforcement by clicking the "Accept as solution" button, that'll help us and others see that we've got the answers!

Thanks!

Have a great day!

I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Betty,

I tried that first. When I go to that page, it directs me to this form. Here is a screen shot of what comes up. Please keep in mind that I am signed in even though it indicates to sign in. I understand that the warranty has long expired. I'm just looking for some help as to what needs to be done to fix it. It doesn't even give me that option.

I think it something to do with not getting any signal to drop ink. Everything goes through the motions as if it is printing. I never get any sort of errors.

HP Support Page.JPG

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.