Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Experiencing 'Printer Blocked' or 'Printer Error' message? Click here for more information.
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our Black or Color Ink Not Printing, Other Print Quality Issues info about: Print quality and Cartridge Issues.
HP Recommended
HP OfficeJet Pro 6978
macOS 10.15 Catalina

This older post expresses the same issue that I'm having. When I print pink streaks show up where it should be blue. I have cleaned the print head twice and there is no issue demonstrated in that print out (looks clear). I have replaced the ink cartridges. I have aligned the print head. Everything listed in this page has been done. The problem persists. IMG_7554.JPG

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

@Keener21, Welcome to the HP Support Community!

I appreciate your efforts in trying to resolve this issue by performing the necessary troubleshooting steps.

• Which application are you trying to print from?
  • Have you tried printing different types of documents like PDF, Word, or Webpages and check if the issue persists?
  • Try making a standalone color copy and check if that works. By this, we can conclude if this is a hardware or a driver issue.

I see that you have tried all the necessary steps to resolve this issue. Try updating the printer firmware.

Update the printer firmware

Click here to download and install the latest firmware from your MAC.

Click here to know different methods of updating printer firmware.

If the issue persists, I'm afraid this is a hardware issue with the printhead of the printer. Please reach out to the HP Support in your region regarding the service options for your printer. 

Keep me posted for any other assistance.

Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

Have a great day! 

KUMAR0307
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Hi Kumar

Thanks for the reply!  Here's my responses to some of your questions...

Which application are you trying to print from?

> Initially I was printing from Pages, but after your reply I tested it as a PDF (same issue) and Powerpoint (same issue- actually presented the worst- photo below)

IMG_5948.JPG

Have you tried printing different types of documents like PDF, Word, or Webpages and check if the issue persists?

> Yes, see above

Try making a standalone color copy and check if that works. By this, we can conclude if this is a hardware or a driver issue.

When done as a "document" the issue happens. When copied as a "photo" there is no issue. (see images below)

Copied as a photoCopied as a photo
Copied as a documentCopied as a document

In attempting to update the firmware, I received the message that "The Firmware updater does not contain upgrades for your device"

HP Recommended

@Keener21

Thank you for the detailed response. Since you have already tried all the possible troubleshooting steps, this seems like a hardware issue with the printhead of the printer. Please reach out to the HP Technical Support team in your region regarding the service options for your printer.  

If the printer is out of warranty, I suggest you upgrade the printer. You may visit Hp Store to check the available printers.

Keep me posted for any other assistance.

KUMAR0307
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.