Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Experiencing 'Printer Blocked' or 'Printer Error' message? Click here for more information.
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our Black or Color Ink Not Printing, Other Print Quality Issues info about: Print quality and Cartridge Issues.
HP Recommended
HP Officejet 7612

Replaced the 932 black ink cartridge with a 932XL. It fits in the XL slot but get msg there is a problem with ink system. I turned it off and unplugged, but stil won't recognize the new cartridge.

4 REPLIES 4
HP Recommended

@KGoodsite

Let me take a moment to thank you for posting on the HP Support Forums. 

I understand that you have an HP OfficeJet 7612 Wide Format e-All-in-One printer. I read that you have installed a new HP 932XL cartridge into the printer and the printer gives an ink system problem error. You have restarted the printer and the issue persists. Not worry, I'll do my best to help you. 

To provide an accurate resolution, I need a few more details: 

• Which cartridge did you replace?
  • Are these original HP cartridges or refilled cartridges?
  • Does the error go away if the old cartridge is installed back into the printer?

Meanwhile, I recommend you to perform the following steps to isolate the issue and arrive at a fix: 

• Disconnect the power cable from the printer while the printer is still ON.
  • Disconnect any other cables if connected the printer.
  • Press and hold the printer’s power button for 15 seconds.
  • The printer should be directly connected to the wall outlet and not to a surge protector. Reconnect the power cable to print and the printer should power ON by itself. If the printer doesn’t power ON then please manually power it ON.

If the issue persists then I suggest you to perform steps from "Step 2" to "Step 5" from this HP document. These steps usually help in fixing such ink system failure errors. 

I sincerely hope this fixes the issue. Let me know the outcome. Good luck! 🙂

HP Recommended

I am responding to the suggested solution to this as I can enter on that one when I click REPLY.

I used a ne HP 932XL and New HP 932 regular cartridge. When I put in the original 932 black (starter cartridge) that came with the printer and was ot of ink, it starts up fine and sees all the cartridges and indicates the black one is put of ink.  So the glug seems to be okay for the original but not any new HP ones.

I have done all the 1-4 steps but not step 5 since I am trying a NEW out of the box cartridge.

HP Recommended

I may take the printer back into Best Buy where purchased and see if they can get a black ink cartridge put in ok, otherwise I'll ask for a new unit.

HP Recommended

@KGoodsite

Thanks for replying. Sure, keep me posted. Good luck!

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.