Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Experiencing 'Printer Blocked' or 'Printer Error' message? Click here for more information.
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our Black or Color Ink Not Printing, Other Print Quality Issues info about: Print quality and Cartridge Issues.
HP Recommended

So I bought this printer as back up a few years ago. It has been completely packaged in the box this whole time. I haven't even MOVED the box that it was in. My old printer (hp 8610) after almost 8 years, finally goes out back in Mar 2020. I set up the new one a few days later. Once again. The new unit has been completely packaged in the box and once I set it up and hasn't been moved from the desk. 7 months later it's giving me a "Printhead missing, not detected, or installed incorrectly" error? Are you kidding me HP. IS there any way I can get a discount on a replacement print head or refurbished unit? Tried the different troubleshoots for the problem and the error persists. Assistance would be appreciated. I have the proof from the embed web server showing printhead first use date 3-16-2020

4 REPLIES 4
HP Recommended

@ChrysBro 

If the print head failed, it is beyond anything the Community can offer.

The printer is older - it is possible the hardware is giving way (failing) in ways that involve the print head and / or other components.

We are a volunteer workforce - people like yourself, users and owners of HP technology.

If you have "done everything", then What Else?

Looking for options...

No idea what kind of guarantee comes with a purchased print head.

If you purchased the unit from HP,

If the warranty is still valid (how-ever many days / months of warranty),

Option:  Contact customer service

New Product? Need Help? HP Online Store – USA – Customer Service

Not your HP store?  Scroll to the bottom of the website and click the Flag to change regions.

Customer Service

Self-Help Service, Account, Security and Privacy, Returns and cancellations, FAQ, Shopping, Shipping and delivery, Rebates / Coupons, Product Support, Parts and services

==============================

OR

Option - Check / Request Review

If the purchase warranty is still valid,

If you purchased the unit from HP,

If you cannot get help from Customer Service for product support,

If you need help submitting a case,

Ask and we can forward a request for review.

Thank you for participating in our HP Community.

We are a volunteer community workforce dedicated to supporting HP technology

Click Thumbs Up to say Thank You for the help.

If the answer helped resolve your issue, Click "Accept as Solution" .

Dragon-Fur

HP Recommended
@Dragon-Fur, I appreciate the reply. The reason I posted here is because I know that many times actual reps from HP answer questions. And I couldn't find a phone number or a chat online option. I think you may have slightly missed my point though. The item is an older model, but is by all definition brand new. If this was in box overstock at a store that was purchased 7 months ago and it stopped working it would be under warranty from purchase date. This item has not been OUT OF THE PACKAGED from HP box until 7 months ago. And the box has not been moved or dropped since it was purchase a few years ago... How can hardware that hasn't been used until 7 months ago be failing? Understand? If it had lasted 14 months, I would have been mad, but at least it would have been a year+ of use. And I it didn't get a stupid amount of use. Now I'm stuck with a paper weight and 100 bucks in extra ink. The 8610 that stopped working in March 2020, was purchased in 2012; never had a serious issue with it. The other 8610 that I purchased for a family member in 2012 is still working. Those models are 2/3 years older than 8620. This is a obvious lemon unit. Anyway, I'll try some of the links you left. If you could forward a request for review, that would be appreciated.
HP Recommended

@ChrysBro 

Consider it done...

Request for Review

• I have submitted a request that someone review your question / concern.

Worth Noting

• Our Community is not HP Technical Support, nor are we HP Sales or HP Service.
  • Our request for assistance on your behalf does not influence the outcome:  Our request is not a magic back door into HP Support.
  • The time frame (how long it takes) for a response is not controlled by the Community.
  • If / When there is a response, a Community moderator / agent will (should) post back on this thread before using other methods to contact you. 

Note to those reading:

• Do not contact random numbers posted in a public or private message by “new members”.  Vermin are looking for victims – don’t be next.
  • Please do not post any personal or case information here - we cannot make use of the data. 
  • Posting personal information at a public site increases your risk from rats and scammers.

Dragon-Fur

HP Recommended

@ChrysBro, Welcome to HP Support Community!

I have brought your issue to the attention of an appropriate team within HP. They will likely request information from you in order to look up your case details or product serial number. Please look for a private message from an identified HP contact. Additionally, keep in mind not to publicly post personal information (serial numbers and case details). 

If you are unfamiliar with how the Forum's private message capability works, you can learn about that here.

Thank you for visiting the HP Support Community. 

TEJ1602
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.