10-13-2020 11:37 AM
So I bought this printer as back up a few years ago. It has been completely packaged in the box this whole time. I haven't even MOVED the box that it was in. My old printer (hp 8610) after almost 8 years, finally goes out back in Mar 2020. I set up the new one a few days later. Once again. The new unit has been completely packaged in the box and once I set it up and hasn't been moved from the desk. 7 months later it's giving me a "Printhead missing, not detected, or installed incorrectly" error? Are you kidding me HP. IS there any way I can get a discount on a replacement print head or refurbished unit? Tried the different troubleshoots for the problem and the error persists. Assistance would be appreciated. I have the proof from the embed web server showing printhead first use date 3-16-2020
10-13-2020 02:02 PM
If the print head failed, it is beyond anything the Community can offer.
The printer is older - it is possible the hardware is giving way (failing) in ways that involve the print head and / or other components.
We are a volunteer workforce - people like yourself, users and owners of HP technology.
If you have "done everything", then What Else?
Looking for options...
No idea what kind of guarantee comes with a purchased print head.
If you purchased the unit from HP,
If the warranty is still valid (how-ever many days / months of warranty),
Option: Contact customer service
New Product? Need Help? HP Online Store – USA – Customer Service
- Store/HP.com USA Sales
Not your HP store? Scroll to the bottom of the website and click the Flag to change regions.
Self-Help Service, Account, Security and Privacy, Returns and cancellations, FAQ, Shopping, Shipping and delivery, Rebates / Coupons, Product Support, Parts and services
Option - Check / Request Review
If the purchase warranty is still valid,
If you purchased the unit from HP,
If you cannot get help from Customer Service for product support,
If you need help submitting a case,
Ask and we can forward a request for review.
Thank you for participating in our HP Community.
We are a volunteer community workforce dedicated to supporting HP technology
Click Thumbs Up to say Thank You for the help.
If the answer helped resolve your issue, Click "Accept as Solution" .
10-13-2020 04:03 PM
10-13-2020 04:22 PM
Consider it done...
Request for Review
- I have submitted a request that someone review your question / concern.
- Our Community is not HP Technical Support, nor are we HP Sales or HP Service.
- Our request for assistance on your behalf does not influence the outcome: Our request is not a magic back door into HP Support.
- The time frame (how long it takes) for a response is not controlled by the Community.
- If / When there is a response, a Community moderator / agent will (should) post back on this thread before using other methods to contact you.
Note to those reading:
- Do not contact random numbers posted in a public or private message by “new members”. Vermin are looking for victims – don’t be next.
- Please do not post any personal or case information here - we cannot make use of the data.
- Posting personal information at a public site increases your risk from rats and scammers.
10-13-2020 07:17 PM
@ChrysBro, Welcome to HP Support Community!
I have brought your issue to the attention of an appropriate team within HP. They will likely request information from you in order to look up your case details or product serial number. Please look for a private message from an identified HP contact. Additionally, keep in mind not to publicly post personal information (serial numbers and case details).
If you are unfamiliar with how the Forum's private message capability works, you can learn about that here.
Thank you for visiting the HP Support Community.
I am an HP Employee