cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
    Information
    Know the Benefits of your HP account

Connect with HP support faster, manage all your devices in one place, view warranty information and more– Click Here

Information
    Fix Windows 10 Update Issues

Resolve Windows 10 or update issues on HP computer or printer– Click Here

• post a message
    Information
    Know the Benefits of your HP account

Connect with HP support faster, manage all your devices in one place, view warranty information and more– Click Here

Information
    Fix Windows 10 Update Issues

Resolve Windows 10 or update issues on HP computer or printer– Click Here

• post a message
Highlighted
2 1 0 0
Message 1 of 4
Flag Post

HP 8710 No Color Printing and Black Cartridge has leaked

HP Recommended
HP Officejet Pro 8710
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I am unable to print anything in color. I have performed diagnostics and alignments with no improvement. I am only using HP cartridges as I am on the ink program. I have uninstalled and reinstalled the software. The black ink has leaked, see picture. I have also attached color scans of the diagnostic printouts. Of course I am out of warranty. Any ideas on what the problem is? If this is a broke down printer then you can guess I won't be buying HP again.

20181022_201723.jpgAfter alignment8710 Diagnostics_0002.jpg8710 Diagnostics_0004.jpg8710 Diagnostics_0005.jpg8710 Diagnostics_0006.jpg

3 REPLIES 3
Highlighted
Retired
Retired
17,747 17,730 1,299 2,040
Message 2 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi! @jimbobalu, Thank you for visiting the HP Forums! A great place where you can find solutions for your issues, with help from the community!

I understand you have issues printing in colour from your printer.

Don't worry I'll try to help you out.

Did you make any changes to your printer?

Does the issue persist when you make a copy from your printer?

Have you tried checking with a different ink cartridge?

Try replacing low, empty or defective ink cartridges on your printer.

If you are able to make a color copy from your printer uninstall and reinstall the printer drivers.

Replace any critically low or empty ink cartridges for HP OfficeJet 8702, and OfficeJet Pro 8710, 8715, 8717, 8718, and 8719 printers.

1. Turn on the printer.

2. Place your fingers into the slot on the left side of the printer, and then pull to open the cartridge access door.

The carriage moves to the left side of the printer.

1. Slot for opening the cartridge access door

3. Wait until the carriage is idle and silent.

4. Push in on the front of the cartridge to release it, and then pull it toward you to remove it from its slot.

Image: Remove the cartridge from its slot.

5. Remove the new cartridge from its package.

6. Hold the new cartridge so that the cartridge contacts face the printer.

7. Slide the new ink cartridge into its slot, and then gently push it forward until it snaps into place. Make sure the letter on the ink cartridge matches the letter on the slot.

CAUTION:

Do not lift the latch handle on the carriage to insert ink cartridges. Doing so could cause the printhead or ink cartridges to be incorrectly seated, which could damage the print mechanism and cause printing problems.

Image: Insert the ink cartridge into its color-coded slot

8. Repeat these steps to install any other new cartridges.

9. Close the cartridge access door.

Image: Close the cartridge access door

Try to print.

Refer this article to further troubleshoot printer not printing in colour issues. Click Here

If the issue still persists after trying out the steps. Please share few details through a private message. So I can initiate an order to ship you the ink cartridges.

Instant ink account number-

Instant ink email address-

Printer serial number-

Let me know if this works! 
Have a great day ahead! 🙂

Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

A4Apollo
I am an HP Employee

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Author
2 1 0 0
Message 3 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

I just love how every answer is the same canned response with no understanding of the actual problem. Of course I have done all the things you recommended with no  solution.

Try again.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Retired
Retired
17,747 17,730 1,299 2,040
Message 4 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

@jimbobalu, Thanks for your prompt response and time.

I appriciate your efforts for trying out the steps.

I'm happy you have tried all the steps and the issue still persists.

Please share few details through a private message. So I can initiate an order to ship you the ink cartridges.

Instant ink account number-

Instant ink email address-

Printer serial number-

Hope to hear from you soon!

Take Care! 🙂

A4Apollo
I am an HP Employee

0 Kudos
Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation