Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Experiencing 'Printer Blocked' or 'Printer Error' message? Click here for more information.
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our Black or Color Ink Not Printing, Other Print Quality Issues info about: Print quality and Cartridge Issues.
HP Recommended

This worked for me too.  Not a great solution, but better than wasting a lot of card stock!

HP Recommended

It's ridiculous that this has been marked "SOLVED".  It hasn't been solved in the least. 

I am having identical problems with only partial printing with cardstock.  It worked like a dream for several months, and I purchased this particular model because it seemed to be the only one that stated it would handle heavy weight paper.  I purchased a lower weight cardstock (went from 110lb to 67lb) which helped for a while.  It  also seemed to help if I ran everything as "best" printing  because it slowed down the rollers and it was able to  grab the paper properly, but even that has failed me now.   It prints on plain paper perfectly, but even a lightweight, expensive  brochure paper started doing the same thing.

I am a music teacher and need my visual aids printed on cardstock.  This printer has become a total waste for me.  I love the Instant Ink program and have been a very loyal HP  Printer customer for  25+ years, but I will have no choice other than to replace this printer with another brand.  This has clearly been a known issue for several years and HP won't acknowledge the issue or provide any sort of support.   Way to go HP.

HP Recommended

I have been having this problem for years!! I wasted lots of money and paper trying to print flashcards and such for my classroom and my daughters! I NEVER got a correct print on anything I printed on cardstock and any other paper I tried besides plain. It is so frustrating and upsetting. I now have to go out and buy a new printer! This stinks! I did love the hp instaink until I was getting charged extra for going over because this printer wouldn't print on cardstock. IT IS A MUST IN TEACHING! 

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.