Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Experiencing 'Printer Blocked' or 'Printer Error' message? Click here for more information.
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our Black or Color Ink Not Printing, Other Print Quality Issues info about: Print quality and Cartridge Issues.
HP Recommended
HP Office Jet Pro 8720
Microsoft Windows 10 (32-bit)

I have never been able to print on glossy paper.  How do I make this printer print on glossy photo paper?

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

@Sweet_Rock

Welcome to the HP Support Community.

This document should help you with it: https://support.hp.com/in-en/document/c03422222

Let me know if this helps.

If the information I've provided was helpful, give us some reinforcement by clicking the "Accept as solution" button, that'll help us and others see that we've got the answers!

Thanks!

Have a great day!

I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

I have an HP OfficeJet 8610 and this document works with it -- I have never had a problem with the HP8610 or prior HP printers.  The HP8720 is completely different and even though I have tried several times since purchase, the photo paper will not work.  It jams every time.  I set all the properties both from the printer and from the print dialogue.  I need the HP8720 to print photos. I have used HP Glossy photo paper, Matte paper, Epson glossy and none work.  Brochure paper works.  Any thing heaver (Card stock etc.) does not.  

HP Recommended

What's the weight of the paper being used?

The paper handling section from here will help you the weight compatibility option: https://support.hp.com/gb-en/product/hp-officejet-pro-8720-all-in-one-printer-series/7902032/documen...

Let me know if this helps.

If the information I've provided was helpful, give us some reinforcement by clicking the Accepted Solution and Kudos buttons, that'll help us and others see that we've got the answers!

Thanks!

Have a great day!

I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

The page you referred me to only gave the size of the paper not the weight.  The Epson Premium Photo Paper Glossy was 68 lb. So on the chance that was the problem, I searched until I found a box of HP Everyday Photo Semi Gloss 45lb and tried printing the same picture.  It printed.  First picture ever on this printer.

Thank you for your effort and you kept me trying things until we solved the problem.

HP Recommended

@Sweet_Rock

Glad to know that it worked with HP photo papers. To check the supported paper types and paper weight, kindly click here, go to 'Paper-handling specs' > Paper tray capacities. You will find what you are looking for.

Hope this helps! Keep me posted. 

Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

Have a great day! 

KUMAR0307
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.