Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Experiencing 'Printer Blocked' or 'Printer Error' message? Click here for more information.
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our Black or Color Ink Not Printing, Other Print Quality Issues info about: Print quality and Cartridge Issues.
HP Recommended
HP 9010
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Sending multiple documents to the printer as duplex print jobs, the pages are not correctly collated. The backs of some documents will print with the front page of unrelated documents.

9 REPLIES 9
HP Recommended

@JPBALL

Welcome to the HP Support Community.

Are you using the HP Smart App on your PC? If not, you may try and install to see if that works: https://support.hp.com/in-en/document/c04675142. If yes, uninstall and reinstall it.

If the issue persists, try these steps:

Let's run the HP Print and Scan Doctor:

Use this link for details on using the HP Print and Scan doctor: https://hp.care/2JyaC93

If the issue still persists, let's do a root uninstall and reinstall of the software:

Unplug any USB cable, if any, before doing this.

1.) In Windows, search for and open Programs and features

2.) Select your HP Printer

3.) Select Uninstall

4.) In Windows, search for and open Devices and printers

5.) In the Devices and Printers windows look for your HP printer. If you see it listed right-click on it and choose 'Delete' or 'Remove Device'

6.) Open up the run command with the "Windows key + R" key combo.

7.) Type printui.exe /s and click Ok. (Note: there is a space in between “printui.exe” and “/s”)

8.) Click on the "Drivers" tab

9.) Look for HP Printer driver. If you see it Click on it and click Remove at the bottom

10.) Select Ok

11.) Select Apply and Ok on the Print Server Properties windows

12.) Close Devices and Printers

13.)  Open up the run command with the "Windows key + R" key combo.

14.) Type c:/programdata and click Ok. Go to Hewlett Packard folder, remove any printer related folders & files.

15.) Restart the computer.

Once done, please download and install the software from here:

https://support.hp.com/in-en/drivers

Let me know if this helps.

If the information I've provided was helpful, give us some reinforcement by clicking the Accepted Solution and Kudos buttons, that'll help us and others see that we've got the answers!

Thanks!

Have a great day!

I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Thank you, Betty. The HP Smart App is installed; however, the app does not integrate with the applications from which I print. For example, printing from MS Word offers the standard 365 print interface unless Printer Properties is selected, at which point the HP Printing Shortcut pops up offering settings.

Other applications I use may include web-based apps, where, when selected, use the standard Google Chrome plugin. From there, of course, I can choose the standard Windows Print Dialog (CTRL+SHIFT+P).

How would I go about integrating the HP Smart App, so the app appears as the default print interface?

Thank you!

John

HP Recommended

That wouldn't be an option. Then you can simply use the actual HP Printer software and see if that works for you.

Please download and install the software from here:

https://support.hp.com/in-en/drivers

Let me know if this helps.

If the information I've provided was helpful, give us some reinforcement by clicking the "Accept as solution" button, that'll help us and others see that we've got the answers!

Thanks!

Have a great day!

I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Betty,

Thank you. Just so I'm clear; the only way to use the HP Smart App is to first start that application and then select documents to print?

If so, why would anyone actually do that? Don't most users work with an app to create and expect then to print from that app (Word, Excel, PDF, etc.) versus, saving, leaving the app to fire up HP Smart and initiate printing from there?

What am I missing here?

Thank you,

John 

HP Recommended

@JPBALL

Yes, you will have to open the Hp Smart app first and then select the file you want to print. Kindly refer to Install and Use the HP Smart App (Windows 10) for step by step instructions on how to use the HP Smart app on your Win PC.

Hope this helps! Keep me posted. 

Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

Have a great day! 

KUMAR0307
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Thank you Kumar. Unfortunately, that makes the app completely useless and ignores the fact that most printing is directed from within the app used to create the content, including browser-based apps. I can't imagine why anyone would use the approach you prescribe.

Thank you

John

HP Recommended

@JPBALL

I understand, but that is how the app is designed to work.

Keep me posted for any other assistance.

KUMAR0307
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Which HP models do auto duplex the old way from the printer dialog box, please?  My 9010 which promised auto duplex, which now won't work from ANY app or screen, including HPSmart.

HP Recommended

@ItsMe61 Welcome to HP Community!

I understand that you are unable to use the duplex while printing.

Please perform the hard reset and check.

Turn the printer on, if it is not already on. 

Wait until the printer is idle and silent before you continue. 

With the printer turned on, disconnect the power cord from the rear of the printer. 

Unplug the power cord from the wall outlet. 

Wait at least 60 seconds. 

Plug the power cord back into the wall outlet. 

Reconnect the power cord to the rear of the printer. 

Turn on the printer, if it does not automatically turn on. 

Wait until the printer is idle and silent before you proceed 

Also. update the firmware and check.

I would suggest you try the Windows built-in drivers. Follow the steps below: 

  

•    Go to Control Panel - Devices and printers - Click on "Add printer" and follow the on-screen instructions. 

•    When the page prompts for the drivers, select "Windows update". The driver list will be updated. 

•    Click HP, Hewlett Packard, or Hewlett-Packard in the Manufacturer pane, and then click the name of your printer in the Printers pane. 

  

Refer to this document HP Printers - Installing and Using the Windows Built-in Print Driver for help 

Keep us posted,

If you would like to thank us for our efforts to help you, 

Give us a virtual high-five by clicking the 'Thumbs Up' icon below, followed by clicking on the "Accept as solution" on this post, 

Have a great day!

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.