Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Experiencing 'Printer Blocked' or 'Printer Error' message? Click here for more information.
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our Black or Color Ink Not Printing, Other Print Quality Issues info about: Print quality and Cartridge Issues.
HP Recommended
Office Jet 9015
Mac OS X 10.7 Lion

After performing a Hard Reset from the touch Screen, 

I got the message: " Cartridge cannot be used until printer is enrolled in HP Instant Ink". 

When continue the setup, I am now stuck on the "printing alignment page" . 

And can not continue the setup, nor perform again the hard reset. 

1) Would anyone tell me how to perform a hard reset without using the touch screen?

2) How can I re-engage on my life and active Instant Ink. 

Looking forward to your help. 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended
  • You could replace the old printer with the new one, refer to this link -Replacing or Adding Printers to Your Account
  • Yes, please ship the old cartridges back to HP
  • The rollover pages will not be carried to the new printer.
  • Did the printer come with a Free months promotion? If yes, could you send me an image of the promotional offer(box or the leaflet that came with the printer)?

Hope this helps!

Let me know!

View solution in original post

13 REPLIES 13
HP Recommended

Hi @AleTur,

I'd like to help!

Try the below suggestions -

Restart the computer, printer, and router

To resolve many connectivity issues, restart the computer, printer, and router.

NOTE: 

The following steps temporarily disconnect network and Internet connections, and require restarting your computer. Complete any tasks or downloads in progress before you continue.

1. Turn off the router by pressing the power button or disconnecting the power cord.
  2. Turn off the printer.
  3. Close all running programs on your computer, and then shut down the computer.
  4. Press the power button or reconnect the power cord to the router, and then wait for the Internet activity light to display a normal connected status.
  5. Turn on the printer.
  6. Turn on the computer.
  7. Try to turn on Web Services.

If the issue persists, continue to the next step.

Let's disable webservices and re-enable it

--->Touch on the wifi icon ((i)) on the printer, and take down the IP address

--->Open a web browser (ex Chrome or Mozilla) and type in the printer's IP

---> click on webservices and remove webservices and re-enable it

If the issue persists,

Check the Internet proxy server settings

For networks that use proxy servers, update the Web Services settings in the printer EWS with the proxy information.

1. Locate the Internet proxy settings.
    • Windows: Search Windows for Internet, and then click Internet Options in the list of results. On the Internet Properties window, click the Connections tab, select your network, if necessary, and then click Settings.
      The network settings menu displays with the proxy settings.
      From the EWS, click the Web Services tab, and then click Proxy Settings.
  2. Type the Address and Port values for your proxy server connection, and then click Apply.
  3. Try to turn on Web Services.

Update the printer firmware

HP regularly releases printer updates. Updating the printer firmware might resolve the issue.

Refer -- HP Printers - Updating or Upgrading Printer Firmware 

Hope this helps! Keep me posted. 

And, Welcome to the HP Support Community. 

Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping

HP Recommended

It did not work out. 

I will describe here again the messages on the display and what is happening as soon as I turn the printer on: 

1. Message: Cartridge cannot be used until printer is enrolled in HP Instant Link

The only option I have is to pree "hide" there is no way to access the settings nor to access the internet sign (on/off).

2. Message: Align Printerhead. to get the best possible print quality from your printer, align the printhead now.

This process uses ink and 1 sheet of paper. 

Again, I have no other option rather n than press continue. (only option to move from this screen / stage. 

My own assumption: As I am subscribes to InstantInk and the printer in 1/2 way to the hard reset and cannot be reconnected to the internet, InstantInk might be blocking me from printing the Printhead alignment page. 

It might me on close looping as I can not print because the printer is not on internet and because I can not conclude the printerhead alignment, I can not finish the setup. 

Help Needed: How can I get away from this deadlock looping and be able to really stat the printer as if it would be a new one. 

Is it possible to cancel my HP Instant PRint all together to see if it unlock the printing? 

I am looking forward to your help. This is really annoying. 

HP Recommended

Cancel your enrolment and keep your enrolment to resolve the issue -

Refer to -Cancel Your HP Instant Ink Service and Stop a Cancellation

Keep me posted!

HP Recommended

Exactly the same thing. Same messages and same dead lock. 

I can not access the main menu of the printer in order to be able to re-connect to the internet. 

It get stuck on this messages: 

"Cartridge cannot be used until printer is enrolled in HP instant Ink" . 

Again.....

I wd need to bring it to a factory reset and able to print the fist alignment page and guess only then re- enroll to HP Instant Print? 

HP Recommended

I have placed an order to ship both the black and color cartridges under express shipment, you should receive them in 3-4 business days.

Hope this helps!

Keep me posted!

Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

HP Recommended

Dear Jay, 

I got the new Cartridges from post and installed then. 

It moved away from the original deadlock but I got stuck again. 

When trying to print the alignment head page,  the printer does not recognise the paper on the tray. 

This was the very first problem that let me to perform the hard reset first place. 

It looks like a mechanical problem as the tray has paper, there is no jam and it still shows the message bellow: 

"Load Plain Paper, A4 (210x297mm) paper in the tray. 

How could I fix it? 

HP Recommended

Let's try a power reset on the printer

Reset the product

• With the printer turned on, disconnect the power cord from the rear of the printer.
  • Unplug the power cord from the wall outlet.
  • Wait at least 60 seconds.
  • Plug the power cord back into the wall outlet.
  • Reconnect the power cord to the printer.
  • Turn the printer on. HP recommends plugging the printer directly into a wall outlet.

Try the steps in the document --' Out of Paper' Displays, Printer Does Not Pick Up Paper

Keep me posted!

HP Recommended

Hi Jay, 

No joy. It has still the same message / instruction to load the paper tray. 

Back to square zero. 

Any additional instruction? 

HP Recommended

As this is a hardware issue, I’d recommend you contact HP Phone Support in your region regarding service options for your printer.

Follow the instructions below to reach them:

1) Click on this link - https://support.hp.com/us-en/contact-hp

2) Select your product type below.

3) Enter the serial of your device. 

4) Select the country from the drop-down. 

5) Select the chat or get phone number options based on your preferences. 

6)Fill the web-form and proceed further.

If you are having trouble navigating through the above options, it's most likely because the device is out of warranty. If yes? please send me a private message with the region you are contacting us from. Check next to your profile name, you should see a little blue envelope, please click on it.  

Have a great day! 

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.