Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Experiencing 'Printer Blocked' or 'Printer Error' message? Click here for more information.
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our Black or Color Ink Not Printing, Other Print Quality Issues info about: Print quality and Cartridge Issues.
HP Recommended

I just spoke by phone to HP Australia for the second time this week - no solution, we're working on it, no timeframe. No idea or appreciation of the situation (i.e. not being able to work) we're all in. Those still under warranty might have more luck pushing for their printers being replaced by mine like so many others is just out of warranty (by 2mths) - their firmware crash caused this issue, ultimately we're at their mercy as to whether or not (and when) they can fix it. The number of printers effected must be huge, they're not going to help us unless they have to. I pushed to have my printer replaced with no luck. Have a case number with HP, no doubt will call them again next week for an update... and then the next week, and so on. Have lodged a complaint with ACCC and NSW Fair Trading (will take weeks to resolve more than likely but they need to be held accountable). Good luck everyone.

HP Recommended

I cannot even find a phone number or email address for HP Support in Australia, if someone has the number, please share. Thankyou! Their website just sends me around in circles, never getting to a phone number or email address... just messages like "Sorry, we are unable to determine if there are any support agent options for your location at this time. You can use other resources below or please try again later." None of the 'options' lead anywhere useful.

Pathetic support but can't say I'm surprised.

HP Recommended

Guys, the HP support just told me that if the printer is stuck in this BSOD state, apparently there is no alternative except to send the printer for servicing. 😞

HP Recommended

Same problem here in Italy today May 12

HP Recommended

Just talked to the Customer Service. They confirmed it's a firmware error happening everywhere in the world.

They will have no news before Tuesday 16th, so at the moment there's nothing to do.

HP Recommended

Really appreciate the update. Fingers crossed then for the 16th.

HP Recommended

thank you for this update

HP Recommended

Thanks for the update. Fingers crossed. Wondering how a firmware update will be distributed to a death printer.

HP Recommended

I have the same concern, unless there is a way to reset the printer.

HP Recommended

Exactly, as we cannot even boot into the service menu and the printer doesn't connect to any device (Ethernet, USB, Wifi) how should it be possible to reapply a firmware update?

I'm about to return the printer to Amazon via the "repair" option and buy another product from another manufacturer. 

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.