Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Experiencing 'Printer Blocked' or 'Printer Error' message? Click here for more information.
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our Black or Color Ink Not Printing, Other Print Quality Issues info about: Print quality and Cartridge Issues.
HP Recommended
HP C309a
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hello,

I have printer hp c309a, and I have problem when I print picture, I getting horizontal lines, and picture are more purple, I want to print black and wite picture I get purple..5276818B-BE6B-4679-BA74-FFB340277388.jpeg

2ADC54D0-E0AD-458F-AA9A-B47496E9A3DD.jpeg

9 REPLIES 9
HP Recommended

@banc91

Welcome to the HP Support Community.

Does the same happen while copying? Are you able to print photos in color properly?

Select a higher print quality setting

1. From the program you are using to print, click File, and then click Print. The Print dialog box opens.

2. Make sure the correct product is listed in the Name: drop-down list.

3. Click the button that opens the Properties dialog box. This name of this button varies depending on the software, and can be called any of the following:

• Properties

• Options

• Printer Setup

• Printer

• Preferences

4. Click the Features tab.

5. From the Print Quality: drop-down list, select a higher print quality setting, such as Best or Maximum dpi.

NOTE: 

The Maximum dpi setting is not available when printing on plain paper.

6. Click OK. The Properties dialog box closes and the Print dialog box remains open. Click OK again to close it.

You may also try changing ink cartridges.

Let me know if this helps.

If the information I've provided was helpful, give us some reinforcement by clicking the Accepted Solution and Kudos buttons, that'll help us and others see that we've got the answers!

Thanks!

Have a great day!

I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Thank you for your answer, I did that but again is the same. I also tryed to clean head and I set new hp catridges but it’s same. When I print pictures on photo paper, some time it’s good, but some time i get lines.

HP Recommended

@banc91

Does the same happen while copying? What is the photo paper size?

I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

It’s same, I tried to print directly from printer by usb drive, and it’s the same. I’m using a4 photo paper, also basic one a4 80gr, and 160gr.. When I print text then is fine

image.jpg

image.jpg

HP Recommended

Let's try to do a root uninstall and reinstall of the software:

Unplug any USB cable, if any, before doing this.

1.) In Windows, search for and open Programs and features

2.) Select your HP Printer

3.) Select Uninstall

4.) In Windows, search for and open Devices and printers

5.) In the Devices and Printers windows look for your HP printer. If you see it listed right-click on it and choose 'Delete' or 'Remove Device'

6.) Open up the run command with the "Windows key + R" key combo.

7.) Type printui.exe /s and click Ok. (Note: there is a space in between “printui.exe” and “/s”)

8.) Click on the "Drivers" tab

9.) Look for HP Printer driver. If you see it Click on it and click Remove at the bottom

10.) Select Ok

11.) Select Apply and Ok on the Print Server Properties windows

12.) Close Devices and Printers

13.) Open up the run command with the "Windows key + R" key combo

14.) Type c:/programdata and click Ok. Go to Hewlett Packard folder, remove any printer related folders & files.

15.) Restart the computer.

Once done, please download and install the software from here:

https://support.hp.com/in-en/drivers

Also, you may refer to this document to print photos: https://support.hp.com/in-en/document/c03422222

Let me know if this helps.

If the information I've provided was helpful, give us some reinforcement by clicking the Accepted Solution and Kudos buttons, that'll help us and others see that we've got the answers!

I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

I did all the steps, and again same problem. Also I clean head of the printer and no help..

HP Recommended

Does this happen only with photos or all the documents that you print from the Computer?

I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

When I print text then I don't have any problem, only with pictures, also I tried to print directly from printer by usb drive, or with my SD card and it's same like from pc..

HP Recommended

Do check this document to see if you're using all the right settings to print photo: https://support.hp.com/id-en/document/c03422222

You can also try changing ink cartridges and follow these steps: https://support.hp.com/us-en/product/hp-photosmart-premium-fax-all-in-one-printer-series-c309/373719...

I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.