Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Experiencing 'Printer Blocked' or 'Printer Error' message? Click here for more information.
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our Black or Color Ink Not Printing, Other Print Quality Issues info about: Print quality and Cartridge Issues.
HP Recommended
HP C4680
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hello,

My printer is not working anymore. After clicking the print button, the printer works but always gives me a blank page and Windows shows that no ink has been used. But the scanning function still works. My computer is running on a Windows 10 build 19041.450 and the printer is connected with a USB cable.

I already did following:

- Re-installed all drivers

- Removed the drivers and plugged in the printer and used the Microsoft drivers

- Replaced all ink

- Printed either with a color ink or black ink

- Printed pages using different methods (button directly from website or used the printing function from the web browser)

- Printed a Word document, a PDF file or a picture

- Printed a test page

Hope, you can help me! 🙂

All the best,

David

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

@David_90, Welcome to the HP Support Community!

Try making a standalone copy in color and black to check if that works. By this, we can conclude if this is a hardware or a driver issue.

Check the ink levels, and make sure the printer reads both the ink cartridges.

Make sure the protective plastic tapes if any are removed from the new ink cartridges before placing them in the printer.

Print a print quality diagnostic report

1. Load Letter or A4, unused, plain white paper into the input tray.

2. Touch the lower left corner of the control panel four times until Support Menu displays on the control panel, and then touch OK.

NOTE: The OK button becomes visible when you access the Support Menu

Figure : Touch lower left corner of the control panel

3. Image: The control panel
  4. 1-Lower left corner of control panel
  5. Touch the menu button next to Support in the upper-right corner of the control panel () until Reports Menu displays, and then touch OK.

6. Touch the button in the upper-right corner of the control panel () until PQ Diagnostic report displays, and then touch OK. The print quality diagnostic report prints.

Use an automated tool to clean the cartridges as shown in step 6 of this document under Windows section.

Hope this helps! Keep me posted. 

Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

Have a great day! 

KUMAR0307
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.