Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Experiencing 'Printer Blocked' or 'Printer Error' message? Click here for more information.
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our Black or Color Ink Not Printing, Other Print Quality Issues info about: Print quality and Cartridge Issues.
HP Recommended
HP Recommended
HP Recommended

I have exactly the same issue. As soon Wifi is connected (home wifi as well as Direct wifi), I'm entering in this loop since the upgrade of the last driver. A nightmare !!!

HP Recommended

I'm using the HP toner, and I've also the issue with the 20201021 driver that put my printer in a loop at the start !!!!

HP Recommended

No matter if you use HP toner, the problem will continue. 

HP Recommended

Seems so. But it is strange to have this kind of issue even with original HP toner. Seems then it is more a bug than something linked to the toner. But I don't know why HP is not giving feedback here after 3 weeks (if driver is from October 21st).

Had to deactivate IPv6 as a workaround to avoid to enter in this loop by my side and for I've no more authorized HP to download and install upgrades.

Problem is if HP is providing a new upgrade, how will I be able to trust them it will not kill my printer ? If someone from HP would have provided feedback here, it would permit me to trust them again, but here it will be difficult (except if they clearly explain the issue) ...

HP Recommended

Followed steps, did exactly what you described, but when printer flashed I still had the error message.

HP Recommended

Just another question : does some of you had many issues with the network after this printer driver upgrade issue ?

By my side, when I've tried to reinstall the driver from my PC (everything is official : OS, printer, toner, ...), I had to provide the address to the HP SW to be able to find the printer and it found it, but once it was done it didn't found anymore the printer.

But more surprizing : just after the upgrade, all my connections under outlook were not working anymore ?!? (had to put again passwords all the times)

As the workaround is to disconnect the IPv6 on printer to avoid the permanent loop, I'm afraid that HP has made a big bug related to the network, impacting a lot more than just the printer.

Did someone else seen also strange things with the network just after this upgrade ?

Thank you

HP Recommended

Super Helpful!! Thank you!!

HP Recommended

On my LaserJet M254dw could not downgrade my firmware using the xxx_20200612.exe program. Problem was that the firmware upgrader works by sending a pseudo print job to the printer, but because it was in "Supply problem" error mode, the printer refused to accept the firmware print job. The solution was to install the empty HP original toner, bringing the printer back to "ready" mode. Printer would then accept the firmware print job. After downgrading to 20200612 it would now accept my 3rd part toner.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.