Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Experiencing 'Printer Blocked' or 'Printer Error' message? Click here for more information.
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our Black or Color Ink Not Printing, Other Print Quality Issues info about: Print quality and Cartridge Issues.
HP Recommended

In the web printer management page, see the right column. The one with FTP (FTP Printing) was disabled, I had to activate it and then I could upload the firmware via FTP.

Workspace 1_137.jpg

HP Recommended

Hi JJayMeyer, try this method. Hope this helps...

For Mac, go to system preferences and open the printer and then the print queue to get started. Step through the following steps.

1. Utility

2, Open Printer Utility

3. Additional Network Settings

4. Go to Networking Tab

5. Configuration (Sidebar)

6. Advanced (subcategory)

7. Select FTP Printing

8. Check "Apply" lower right

HP Recommended

I am having similar problem with Service Error 79 is constantly occuring. Please help with a solution.

This problem is making my printer unuseable.

Thank you, Garymoto1

HP Recommended

I did not need this in the end. After multiple attempts to load the new file and nothing happened, SUDDENLY ( no USB, no any other fancy tricks), it suddenly updated itself. Yes, I had powered down, unplugged, all that stuff earlier, but it suddenly loaded the new file and then all was well. Can't really say what happened.

HP Recommended

Thanks to everyone who has contributed to fixing this stupid HP issue!!

I joined simply to voice my thanks and add my disappoint in HP.

To anyone who works at HP and cares about your customers.

Fix this ASAP and never do something like this again!

HP Recommended

I cannot thank you enough for resolving this issue. 

HP Recommended

Would you be able to send me the link for the old firmware....this update is killing me.

HP Recommended

There are 4 links at the bottom of this page. One of them worked for me. Hope this helps.
https://www.ghost-white-toner.com/firmware-update-warning/

HP Recommended

Try to use ftp if it is running on network. Before you can connect through ftp, make sure the ftp service is active.  Using web portal on the printer, go to Networking - Configuration - Advanced - FTP Printing (Checked).  Using Filezilla to upload the firmware to the printer.

HP Recommended

Hello @Jenksie 

Below are the steps that you need to follow in the order as mentioned ...

1. Disconnect the printer from the NETWORK
    1. If on wired network : Unplug the  Ethernet cable from back of the printer.
    2. If on wireless network : Power of the Wireless router.
  2. Turn off the printer. Wait for 30 seconds.
  3. Turn on the printer.  If the printer is in READY state, on the printer front panel go to Setup -> Network Setup -> Network Services -> IPv6 -> Off.
  4. Turn off the printer. Wait for 30 seconds and then turn on. Try printing , it should work.

Let me know if it worked for you.

Regards,
Jabzi

Give Kudos to say "thanks" by clicking on the "thumps Up icon" .

Click "Accept as Solution" if it solved your problem, so others can find it.
Although I am an HP employee, I am speaking for myself and not for HP.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.