Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Experiencing 'Printer Blocked' or 'Printer Error' message? Click here for more information.
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our Black or Color Ink Not Printing, Other Print Quality Issues info about: Print quality and Cartridge Issues.
HP Recommended

I just sent an Invoice to both accounts payable and to the Chief Executor for HP stealing my time for extortion and fraud under the guise of upgrade software. They completely shut down 100,000 of people printer which is a restraint of Trade and a lot of hard labor . . . Theft of time is more valuable than most.  When people violate you it immediately causes harm and excessive damage. I'm done with HP . . . I finally restored the old version back but it took me 72 hrs.

HP Recommended

Download the appropriate update from this page. It worked for me. Thanks to Andy_p2

It's no mystery unfortunately.

This page now has a useful selection of firmware for different printers[content removed]

[content removed]

HP Recommended

Download the appropriate update from this page. It worked for me. Thanks to Andy_p2

This page now has a useful selection of firmware for different printers:[content removed]

HP Recommended

Looking for Mac firmware downgrade for generic cartridge problem

HP Recommended
HP Recommended

You said:

"First, enable FTP printer on your printer via the web interface,"

I am in the web interface for the printer from a browser on PC but do not see a way to enable FTP.

Where is that?

HP Recommended

I do not see a place on the printer web services to enable FTP and it does not work by default.

Can anyone help with that?

HP Recommended

Yep around 2 days in and off for me. Disgrace. Lost so much time

HP Recommended

These are EXE files. Much easier to deal with...

This page now has a useful selection of firmware for different printers: https://www.ghost-white-toner.com/firmware-update-warning/

HP Recommended

Hi, I use a Mac but I found the enable ftp printing option is in the network settings, most boxes were ticked apart from that one. So just to confirm you type your printer IP address into google say and you get the printer page up. Hope that helps

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.