Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Experiencing 'Printer Blocked' or 'Printer Error' message? Click here for more information.
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our Black or Color Ink Not Printing, Other Print Quality Issues info about: Print quality and Cartridge Issues.
HP Recommended
HP Color LaserJet 3600n
Microsoft Windows 7 (32-bit)

No matter what I do I cannot get the printer to turn on. Was working fine one day and the next get this "stuck on initializing". Tried to remove power cord from printer and wall. Waited  24 hours. Replaced. Did a hard reset. Not matter what I try won't work.

Thank you!

4 REPLIES 4
HP Recommended

With power on press the engine test button from rear side of 3600n to see if it can print or not.
If it does you have a bad formatter (mainboard) needed to be replaced (or you can try to bake it in the oven-search it on YouTube).

1597850658391.jpg

HP Recommended

Thank you for the quick reply. Pressing the engine test button does not do anything. The 3 lights on the fron keep cycling - ready - data attention - in an endless loop.

HP Recommended

Try to reseat the formatter by pulling it out and push it back to see it helps. In the meantime when pulling out the formatter check any dimm and reseat it if needed.

1597855551503.jpg

HP Recommended

Thank you - Tried that many times before posting. Doesn't do anything. As far as I see there are no DIMMS installed to reseat. Printer still cycles through the 3 status lights. ALso - Not making any noise. Previously upon startup or when using the printer it would make "noises" when starting. Now - Nothing - Silent.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.