Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Experiencing 'Printer Blocked' or 'Printer Error' message? Click here for more information.
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our Black or Color Ink Not Printing, Other Print Quality Issues info about: Print quality and Cartridge Issues.
HP Recommended
HP DeskJet 2624

Hello, my printer suddenly printed 4 WiFi direct pin without my prompt. Is this a security problem? 

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

Hi @mvo52

Welcome to the HP Support Community. I'd be happy to assist you

Due to the current global COVID-19 situation, we're seeing an influx of customers coming in for support. We appreciate your patience.

If wifi direct was turned on for the first time or if the information key is pushed then the page prints.

Hope this helps! 

Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

Have a great day! 

HP Recommended

Hi Jay_G24,

Thanks for your reply.  However, neither occurred.  The wifi has long been activated and no one was in the room when the printer started printing out the pins. Could someone be trying to get in remotely?  I habve turned off the printer as a precaution.

Thanks,

Mariefel

HP Recommended

@mvo52

Is this the first time printer has printed something without your knowledge?

AS it was only the printer report that was printed, nobody has hacked the printer.

If this is an ongoing issue follow the below steps:

Make sure the network is secured. If it is an open network without a password, anybody near the printer can access the printer. 

Assign a password to the network.

Refer to this document for more info on wifi-direct connection. 

Keep me posted for any other assistance.

Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

Have a great day! 

KUMAR0307
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.