Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Experiencing 'Printer Blocked' or 'Printer Error' message? Click here for more information.
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our Black or Color Ink Not Printing, Other Print Quality Issues info about: Print quality and Cartridge Issues.
HP Recommended
Deskjet 2510
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Mg Deskjet 2510 USB connect has a problem. I try to re-install the driver but doesn' t work. I check the connection by HP Doctor 5.2. It stops at 3 step ( driver control). Works the cartridge alignemet but doesn' t print. I check the cable. Do you help me ? Thanks...

4 REPLIES 4
HP Recommended

Hello Ssg38, 

I'd suggest you to try the below steps ...

1. Check for any Windows Update, install them if available.
  2. Restart the PC.
  3. Once the PC is UP, try to print.
  4. If issue still persists try the below steps ....
    1. Kindly try the below steps that should resolve the issue..
      go to Control Panel > Devices and Printer > Add a Printer.
      in the window displayed, select "Add a local printer with manual settings", and then click NEXT
      under "Use an existing port" drop down box "USB001 (Virtual USB Port for USB)" and then click NEXT.
      In the next window under "Manufacturer" select HP, and then from right pane, select "HP Deskjet 2510 Class Driver" and click NEXT.
      And then follow the on screen instructions to complete the process.
      Now open the document you want to print, under PRINT dropdown select the printer that was installed using the above steps. And now click the PRINT button to start to print

Now open the document you want to print, under PRINT dropdown select the printer that was installed using the above steps. And now click the PRINT button to start to print

Regards,
Jabzi

Give Kudos to say "thanks" by clicking on the "thumps Up icon" .

Click "Accept as Solution" if it solved your problem, so others can find it.
Although I am an HP employee, I am speaking for myself and not for HP.
HP Recommended

Unfortunately the problem persist. If I check by HP Scan Doctor 5.2 the printer It passed all' test but doesn' t print PQTestpage stalled in quee. If I check the scanner It stops at test#3 ( driver control ). If Ignore the test#3, the scanner doesn' t digitalized any image.

HP Recommended

Hello Ssg38, 

I would suggest you to uninstall the printer software . Restart the PC. 

Download the printer software using the URL https://support.hp.com/us-en/drivers

If the issue still persists, then try creating a NEW User on your PC with ADMIN Rights. Login to it.

Download the printer software (  https://support.hp.com/us-en/drivers )and install it.

Now try printing and scanning.  It should work.

Regards,
Jabzi

Give Kudos to say "thanks" by clicking on the "thumps Up icon" .

Click "Accept as Solution" if it solved your problem, so others can find it.
Although I am an HP employee, I am speaking for myself and not for HP.
HP Recommended

Dead Jabzi,

I try a lot your suggest, but printer doesn' t work. I think it' s an hardware problem, so I think I' ll buy a new printer. However thanks a lot for your suggests.

Best Rgrds

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.