Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Experiencing 'Printer Blocked' or 'Printer Error' message? Click here for more information.
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our Black or Color Ink Not Printing, Other Print Quality Issues info about: Print quality and Cartridge Issues.
HP Recommended
HP Pavilion 15 CS2xxx
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

My HP Deskjet Ink advantage 2545 was working properly for many years. Just now when my black cartridge got exhausted, I run printer for sometime using only colour cartridge for a month. Later when I put New Black cartridge; error 'Incompatible cartridge - Black' is displayed. I have followed all tips to clean cartridge, carriage and steps to update firmware, printer reset etc. It didn't work. I changed the Black cartridge and got new cartrdige. Same error. Both cartridges were purchased from authentic HP shops. Its HP 678 cartridge which is recommended in India.

Please help with solution.

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

@shailendra10
Thank you for posting on HP Support Community.

Don't worry as I'll be glad to help, however, to provide an accurate resolution, I need a few more details:

• Did you make any changes to your printer?
  • Does the issue persist when you put the old ink cartridge back to your printer?
  • Did you move to a different country?

According to the specifications of your printer. Only in Latin America you can use HP 662 cartridges.

If you have moved to North America and Asia Pacific, including Japan (excluding India, China, and Indonesia) you can use HP 60 ink cartridge.

Also, if you have moved to North America or any of the countries above you have to perform a printer regionalization to use the HP 60 ink cartridges.

You have to contact HP phone support to get the printer regionalization done on your printer.

• Refer the printer specifications page for more information.
  • Refer this article to further troubleshoot ink cartridge issues with your printer.

Hope this helps! Keep me posted for further assistance.
Please click “
Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

ECHO_LAKE
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.