Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Experiencing 'Printer Blocked' or 'Printer Error' message? Click here for more information.
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our Black or Color Ink Not Printing, Other Print Quality Issues info about: Print quality and Cartridge Issues.
HP Recommended
Deskjet 5550
Microsoft Windows 8.1 (64-bit)

I was printing with no problem, then the next page had only one line of red type and 2 black underlines from a full .pdf of text and other formatting. All subsequent pages blank. Uninstalled driver and re-installed. Test page forced from printer itself prints name of printer and HP logo only. Print Test Page from computer yields blank page.

I did nothing between the time was printing a .pdf and it started acting up as described above. No error messages.

Used HP Print and Scan Doctor. Says everything working correctly. Device Manages says working correctly.

Works fine connected to a different computer. 

Help!

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

Replace ink cartridges.

My profile on LinkedIn

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.